Top 50 Cloud Monitoring, Management Software Tools: Best of 2017?
One of our most-read blogs of 2016 involved the Top 50 Cloud Monitoring & Management Tools for Amazon Web Services, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and other public clouds. Fast forward to present day and quite a few things have changed. Indeed, multiple cloud management software providers have been acquired. Others have imploded. And new options continue to emerge.
Update: Nominate your company’s cloud monitoring and management software tool for our 2018 list here.
To help you understand the 2017 playing field, ChannelE2E has once again compiled a list of cloud monitoring and management software platforms. Many of which have caught on with VARs, MSPs, CSPs and hybrid IT service providers. Also, some of the additions come from reader comments/feedback culled from last year’s list.
Here’s a look at some prime options in alphabetical order…
1. Amazon CloudWatch: This is a monitoring service for AWS cloud resources and the applications you run on AWS. You can use Amazon CloudWatch to collect and track metrics, collect and monitor log files, set alarms, and automatically react to changes in your AWS resources, the company says. Update: Sounds great — until portions of Amazon Web Services go dark, like they did in early March 2017 due to user error. Hence the need for multi-cloud management strategies.
2. AppDynamics (Acquired): In a surprise move, Cisco Systems acquired AppDynamics in early 2017, AppDynamics mainly focuses on application performance management (APM) — though network performance management is an obvious next move. Key AppDynamics rivals include CA Technologies, BMC, Datadog (emerging), Dynatrace and New Relic. Look for those names elsewhere on this list.
3. AppNeta: The company’s cloud-based software helps enterprises and MSPs to manage application and network performance.
4. AppPerfect: The company offers a lengthy list of monitoring solutions and services.
5. AppRiver: Specializes in Office 365 migration and security services for channel partners.
6. Arrow ECS Cloud Services: The distributor’s ArrowSphere Solution Business Services provides a cloud service platform, tools, training, marketing and management resources for channel partners.
7. Aternity (Acquired): By Riverbed in mid-2016. Now part of Riverbed SteelCentral (see separate entry), Aternity’s tools monitored mobile, virtual and physical devices. Much of the focus involved helping IT service desks.
8. Autotask CSP Boss: Designed to help MSPs manage customers’ Office 365 and Azure accounts. Competes with ConnectWise CloudConsole (see separate entry).
9. Avnet Cloud Marketplace (Acquired): Tech Data acquired Avnet Technology Services and the associated cloud marketplace in February 2017. So what’s next? Tech Data will need to describe how the Avnet and Tech Data cloud marketplaces converge…
10. Bitnami Cloud Tools: The tools help MSPs manage and monitor AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. Also of note: GoDaddy’s Cloud Applications are powered by Bitnami. The partnership provides one-click optimized installation for application solutions like CMS (eg: WordPress and Drupal), CRM (eg: Odoo and OpenERP) and eCommerce (eg: OpenCart and Magento), GoDaddy says.
Continue to page 2 of 6 for companies 11 to 20