Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 29, 2016.
Actually, there are 19 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
19. Accenture Growth:
Quarterly revenues at the consulting and outsourcing giant rose 7.6 percent amid growing demand for the company's SaaS consulting services. On a related note, Accenture earlier this week acquired DayNine
, a Workday consulting partner.
18. New Samsung Battery, New Problems?:
You know about the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall. But did you hear some customers think the replacement devices are too hot to handle
17. Security Operations Centers:
We told you back in August that more SOCs were on the way to market
. Now, here's the proof. Continuum essentially confirmed that it's developing a SOC for MSPs
during a customer conference yesterday. Also, Arctic Wolf Networks
has named Nick Schneider head of sales to accelerate the company’s SaaS-based SOC services in the midmarket.
16. Secure Conferencing Service:Dispel
, a cyber-defense company, has announced global availability of its secure conferencing service. The offering is a single application, browser-accessible platform that provides enterprise-grade secure communications on mobile and desktop devices, the company claims. It's positioned as a "reconnaissance-proof live-stream platform offered to the private market." Hmmm...
15. Worst Quote of the Week:
Describing layoffs at Level 3 Communications, a spokesperson for the company essentially says the cuts were made to improve customer service
, according to the Denver Post.
14. HP Inc. Apologizes:
The hardware giant apologized
for how it handled a recent software update that stopped ink cartridges supplied by others from working with some HP printers and said it would offer new software that lets those cartridges work again, according to The Wall Street Journal.
13. Your Cloud for Custom Apps: FileMaker Cloud
, a cloud-based platform for managing and running custom apps, is now available in the United States and Canada, the company confirmed this week.
12. Google Chrome Device Management: Google is pushing ahead with Chrome device management services for Google Apps customers.
11. Google Apps and CRM: Prosperworks
, which develops CRM for Google Apps customers, has raised $24 million in Series B funding...
But wait. There's more. Simple math suggests items 10 to 1 await you on page two.
Welcome to page two of today's update. Here are items 10 to 1
10. BDR Attracts More Venture Capital: Druva
just raised $51 million for its business continuity services. Yes, the company has a growing reseller and MSP program.
9. MSPs and Azure Cloud Management: Cloudyn
, a provider of multi-cloud management and optimization solutions, has launched a design partnership program to integrate the new Microsoft Azure CSP API ("Partner Center Managed API"). This will allow CSPs to manage, monitor and optimize their customers' Azure deployments, the company claims.
8. Apple Enterprise IT Consulting: Apple is partnering with Deloitte to promote enterprise consulting services. Existing Apple enterprise relationships have focused mostly on hardware and software partners like IBM and Cisco Systems.
7. Facebook at Work: The social media giant will deliver its business-oriented platform sometime in October, according to multiple reports.
6. EarthLink Managed SDN Services:
After selling off its SMB IT managed services
, EarthLink is now introducing network-centric managed services -- including a new SD-WAN offering.
5. Managed UC Services: Nectar Services Corp.
, a provider of proactive network monitoring and management software for the Unified Communications (UC) industry, has launched a new partner designation program.
4. ServiceNow Venture Capital: ServiceNow formalized ServiceNow Ventures to invest in early-stage companies that develop cloud-based applications atop the company's cloud platform. To jumpstart activities, ServiceNow is hosting the CreatorCon Challenge, in which startups compete to win their share of $500,000 in investments. More than 200 certified applications and integrations already are available on the ServiceNow Store.
3. FinancialForce PSA Momentum:
Computer Systems Australia (CSA) has embraced FinancialForce
Financial Management and FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) to manage their services and financial systems. FinancialForce, which is growing rapidly
. integrates tightly with Salesforce.com.
2. Managed SaaS Acquisition: BV Investment Partners
has acquired a majority stake in Right Networks
, which offers cloud solutions to accountants and SMBs. BV is a private equity firm focused on midmarket business services and IT services companies. Right Networks claims to be the leading hosting and solutions provider for QuickBooks Desktop accounting software and more than 400 other business-critical applications used by accountants and SMBs.
1. Join Us Today:
At Continuum Navigate today, ChannelE2E is hosting two breakout sessions 11:00 a.m. Amy Katz will moderate a panel on sales strategies. I will moderate a panel on next-gen managed services -- including ways to monetize DevOps and cloud workloads. If you're at the conference stop on by.
More: Read all of our daily 5 Channel Partner Updates. Plus: Subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.