Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, September 26, 2016.
Actually, there are 10 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
10. Wisconsin and Iowa Flooding: We'd like to send our best wishes out to readers that are dealing with rising waters in the Wisconsin and Iowa areas -- especially the GreatAmerica team, which has an established business continuity plan for precisely these types of moments.
9. Twitter Buyer?: Twitter is seeking a buyer, and the social media company is discussions with multiple sources to sell itself. Among the potential suitors: Salesforce.com, according to multiple media outlets.
8. Successful IPO: Apptio's stock jumped around 40 percent during the company's IPO on Friday. The IPO raised about $96 million. Apptio's software allows CIOs and CXOs to more effectively track and optimize IT spending.
7. Pure Strategery: Workday CIO Diana McKenzie says CIOs are becoming "strategic revenue drivers." Um... I'm sure 99% of CEOs would be satisfied if CIOs were merely "revenue drivers." Was the "strategic" spin really necessary?
5. Cloud Talent: Greg DeMichille, director of product management for Google Cloud Platform, has exited the search giant to rejoin Adobe as its Head of Developer Platform & Ecosystem, according to 9to5 Google. Although Google's cloud business is in growth mode, Adobe recently announced far stronger than expected quarterly results -- driven by SaaS revenues.
4. Chrome OS-Android Merger?: The long rumored merger of Google's two operating systems could earn some discussion time during an October 4 event...
3. Microsoft Ignite Conference: The company's enterprise conference is under way in Atlanta. The big themes include Office 365 and Azure monitoring and management tools.
2. See You Today and Thursday?: Don't forget. ChannelE2E is set to moderate these three sessions at Autotask Community Live 2016 (Monday) and Continuum Navigate 2016 (Thursday). Join us for open Q&A with our MSP panelists.
1. Autotask Community Live 2017: The company's MSP conference is under way in Hollywood, Fla. CEO Mark Cattini and team deliver keynotes today. Here's a live blog tracking all the developments.