Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to sip on for Monday, April 25, 2016.
Actually, there are 10 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to sip on.
10. Still Partnering: eFolder and StorageCraft continue to partner in the data protection market. An extended relationship surfaced today -- a key development for channel partners that use eFolder and StorageCraft technologies in tandem. We'll share some more thoughts soon.
9. Cloud-Based Managed Services: The global cloud-based managed service market will grow at a CAGR of 19.7% from 2016-2020, according to Technavio. But keep in mind: The forecasts focuses on technology giants (Cisco, HP Enterprise, IBM, NTT, etc.) rather than the SMB MSP crowd.
8. AWS Partner Acquisition: Stratalux, an MSP focused on Amazon Web Services, has acquired the AWS Software division of Tojo Media. Hmmm... Tojo Media builds software for media and entertainment clients -- atop AWS, of course.
7. Cloud Migrations: Rackspace apparently is working closely with Cloud Technology Partners (CTP) on AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud migrations. By the way: CTP was launched by veterans of... wait for it... Cambridge Technology Partners (ahem, the original CTP).
6. Cloud Backup: NavLink, an MSP that works closely with AT&T, has introduced backup as a service based on Asigra Cloud Backup. It's the latest in a growing list of telco- and big service provider-related wins for Asigra.
5. Analytics for All: Jessica Davis, a big data reporter with channel experience, recaps SAS Global Forum -- held last week in Las Vegas. What's in it for partners? The short answer involves SAS Viya, a new architecture that aims to make analytics easier to use and accessible to everyone, she reports.
4. OpenStack Cloud Management: Keep an eye on Solinea Goldstone Enterprise, a cloud management platform that claims to work with any OpenStack distribution. Chatter about the platform is expected to grow louder at this week's OpenStack Summit in Austin, Texas.
3. ConnectWise IPO?: At first glance, more chatter about a potential ConnectWise IPO seems to be circling in Tampa, Fla. But the latest ConnectWise IPO speculation appears to based on a previous article in the region. Overall, the chances of an MSP software company potentially IPOing appear to be growing.
2. Bill Gates' Worst Decisions: Let's start by saying Bill Gates made hundreds of decisions that propelled Microsoft to the top of the software industry. But where did he miss the mark while leading Microsoft as CEO? Former Microsoft Senior VP points to a range of moves -- or non-moves -- including Gates' late arrival to government-related lobbying discussions.
1. Help Wanted: Check the ChannelE2E Job Board for the latest career openings at VARs, MSPs, CSPs and channel-friendly tech companies. Or, post your own job opening on the board. (Yes, it's free.)