Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, August 10, 2016.
Actually, there are 18 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) and telco master agents and agents to sip on. Take a look…
18. MSP Telemarketing: Ulistic now offers telemarketing services as part of the company's outsourced marketing solutions for MSPs. "We will not be offering this as a stand alone solution," adds CEO Stuart Crawford. "And we will continue to work with our strategic partner Managed Sales Pros for those MSPs who need a complete telemarketing solution."
17. MSP Dashboard: ePlus has upgraded its Managed Services dashboard with new global trending data, mapping, and managed data aggregation. The free dashboard gives customers a real-time view of their heterogeneous IT environment.
16. MSP Hires CIO: WEBIT Services is hiring Brian Bolliger as CIO, effective August 30. WEBIT offers managed IT services and infrastructure solutions to Chicago-area businesses with 20 to 500 employees. Bolliger is a veteran of Lucent Technologies, Sun Microsystems and Oracle.
14. RMM for Raspberry Pi: Will MSPs start to manage Raspberry Pi devices for customers? Hmmm... that would mean RMM (remote monitoring and management) tools would need to adjust accordingly. More thoughts soon.
13. Cloud Distribution: KEMP Technologies has inked a strategic partnership with rhipe, a channel-centric cloud company. This is KEMP’s first strategic partnership with a ‘cloud-first’ distributor. The relationship offers consumption and licensing options for cloud service providers looking to deliver highly available, scalable and resilient enterprise applications leveraging virtual load balancers and Application Delivery Control (ADC) technology, the two companies say.
12. AWS Summit: Keep a close eye on Amazon's AWS Summit, which kicks off today in New York. We've received multiple news tips involving the summit, and plan to offer more updates later today.
11. Seen This?: ThousandEyes Endpoint Agent debuts today, bringing Network Intelligence to end-user devices in the office or on the go, the company says. ThousandEyes Endpoint Agent provides the "only way to measure end user experience and gather network diagnostic data from all parts of the corporate network, as well as other networks employees use to access critical services." ChannelE2E is always a bit skeptical when a company claims to offer the "only" true solution on the market. But we're also hearing from a few readers who are intrigued by the company's offerings. Hmmm...
10. Australia Hack: Australia's first online national census was in chaos on Wednesday after the survey website crashed due to a possible cyberattack, according to Reuters. Um... will anyone trust the inevitable 'recount'?
9. Glass Ceiling: Only 19 percent of CIOs at top U.S. companies are women, even lower than the 24 percent of CXO positions filled by women, according to Korn/Ferry International.
8. Ingram Micro Promotions: Several Ingram executives and senior leaders have been promoted. We'll share details, including new roles and responsibilities for quite a few folks, later today.
7. Cloud-to-Cloud Backup: OwnBackup has extended its cloud-to-cloud backup and recovery platform to Microsoft Azure. It was previously limited to Amazon Web Services. The, led by CEO Sam Gutmann, already manages and protects billions of Salesforce records every day. The cloud-to-cloud backup trend, by the way, seems to be accelerating...
6. Cloud Backup Services: Egenera has partnered with Asigra to deliver a Backup as a Service wholesale offering. The offering is called Xterity Essential Backup as a Service (E-BaaS); it can back up and protect desktops, laptops and servers to Egenera’s Xterity wholesale managed cloud, the company says.
5. VMware-AWS Hybrid Clouds: HotLink has launched the Cloud-Attach Platform, which enables customers to incorporate public cloud resources into their existing production data centers. The platform includes out-of-the-box interoperability between VMware management infrastructure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). HotLink also is wrapping managed services around the platform.
4. VMware NSX Bugs: VMware has pulled NSX for vSphere 6.2.3 from distribution, telling partners and customers to stop using the offering because of software bugs, The Register reported. While embarrassing, the setback is expected to be temporary -- with major NSX announcements expected at the VMWorld 2016 conference later this month.
3. OpenStack on Linux Support: Mirantis and SUSE are partnering to ensure Mirantis OpenStack customers have support for enterprise Linux -- including distributions from SUSE and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. It's a clear counter-move to Red Hat's own Linux and OpenStack distributions... Mirantis is a venture-backed provider of OpenStack that also wraps IT consulting services around the cloud platform.
2. IBM Partner Ecosystem: FinalCode, which offers persistent file security, has joined the IBM PartnerWorld program and has received IBM Business Partner designation. FinalCode also works with IBM's enterprise content management (ECM) portfolio.
1. Channel Partner Events: The ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar now lists hundreds of partner conferences and summits, dating from 2016 to 2017, 2018 and beyond. It's the most comprehensive channel event calendar of its kind. (Is your partner summit listed?)