Thursday has arrived! Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day on June 22, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further energizes our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips, and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- 11:11 Systems Receives Prestigious HPE Award: Managed infrastructure solutions provider, 11:11 Systems, has been awarded the title of Global Service Provider of the Year by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) at the HPE Discover 2023 conference. 11:11 Systems received the recognition due to its customer-centric approach and its comprehensive and innovative cyber resiliency solutions, including Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offerings, which provide customers with peace of mind and protection against cybercrime, hardware failure, and natural disasters, according to HPE.
- GTT Communications Receives Leadership Recognition: GTT Communications, Inc. has been recognized as a Leader in Managed SD-WAN for the U.S. by Information Services Group (ISG), a technology research firm. The designation comes as a result of GTT's flexible Managed SD-WAN solutions, which offer an array of options from top technology partners, coupled with the reliability of their global Tier 1 IP backbone, the company said. With a focus on vendor-agnostic solutions, simplified management, and robust network visibility, GTT continues to enhance their SD-WAN offering to meet the connectivity needs of enterprise customers.
- University Expands Business Practices With Mytics Investment: Virginia Wesleyan University is investing in Oracle partner Mythics and its Oracle Fusion Student Management Cloud Service to enhance its business processes, the company announced. With the addition of Oracle Student Management Cloud to its existing Oracle Fusion ERP and HCM Cloud solutions, Virginia Wesleyan University says it aims to provide an outstanding student experience and drive innovation in higher education.
- Vertek Partners With AT&T: Vertek Corporation, a leading end-to-end Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) and Telecom Operations Provider, has partnered with AT&T Cybersecurity to offer Unified Security Management (USM) Anywhere services to large and mid-sized enterprises. The offer will leverage AT&T Cybersecurity's USM Anywhere platform, the companies said. Vertek's advanced Security Operations Center (SOC) aims to provide proactive threat detection and mitigation services, offering comprehensive protection against global cyber threats.
- GBST Appoints New Cloud Leader: GBST, a global WealthTech company, has appointed Ross Hamilton as the Head of Cloud Infrastructure for Retail Wealth, a newly created role. With over two decades of experience in financial services technology, Ross will be responsible for designing and implementing GBST's managed cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) offering, aligning with the company's strategy to enhance its suite of cloud-based technologies, the company said. Ross's expertise in cloud technology and his previous experience in leading the development of cloud propositions at Bravura make him a valuable addition to GBST's team as they strive to deliver secure and resilient digital-first wealth management solutions to their clients.