Podcast: Datto Networking VP John Tippett
Datto Networking VP John Tippett describes the difference between traditional networking and MSP-centric networking. Plus, he offers some first steps for getting into the market.
Good evening partners and welcome to the latest ChannelE2E podcast. Tonight’s guest is John Tippett, VP of Datto Networking.
We discuss the difference between traditional networking and MSP-centric network services. Then, we explore the total market opportunity for MSPs that move into networking. And we touch on some first steps for MSPs that want to dip their their toes into managed networking market.
Listen to our conversation here:
- 0:00 – Intros
- 0:31 – Traditional networking gear vs. MSP-centric networking
- 2:02 – Networking for MSPs: The financial math and business support has to work
- 3:21 – How big is the networking opportunity for MSPs — and can it be profitable?
- 4:59 – Datto Networking: The history, the learnings and the R&D
- 7:10 – How Datto Networking aligns and fits with the broader Datto product portfolio
- 9:05 – Best of breed and best of suite?
- 10:06 – Do MSPs need to hire new talent to move into networking?
- 11:58 – First steps for MSPs that want to explore the networking opportunity
- 13:37 – Conclusion