5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 28 March 2022
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, March 28, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. MSP Software Pioneer – Philanthropy and Talent: Former ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini and Lauren Bellini have donated $10.6 million to The University of South Florida. The donation creates and staffs the Bellini Center for Talent Development. The goal: Create a talent pipeline of employees “uniquely prepared to meet their needs through a three-year-plus certification program,” The University said.
2. ServiceNow Robotic Process Automation (RPA): The new ServiceNow San Diego release includes RPA capabilities.
3. Funding – ServiceNow and Identity Security: Clear Skye has raised $14 million in Series A funding, co-led by Storm Ventures and Toba Capital with participation from Point Field Partners and Inner Loop Capital. Clear Skye develops an identity security and governance solution built natively on ServiceNow.
4. Executive Leadership: Cloudera has appointed Abhas as chief strategy officer, responsible for global corporate strategy, pricing, new product introductions. Also, the company named Prat Moghe as EVP, GM of Cloud, and Irma Laxamana as chief legal officer.
5. Microsoft Bribes: Microsoft fired some employees and terminated partnerships in relation to alleged sales bribery efforts in the Middle East, The Wall Street Journal reported.
6. Apple Fine: Apple is set to be hit with another fine this week for not fully complying with an order to open its App Store to rival forms of payment for dating apps in the Netherlands, Reuters reported.
7. Privacy Legislation: Democrats and Republicans are seeking to forge a bipartisan agreement on comprehensive privacy legislation, The Wall Street Journal reported.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- TED 2022 (April 10-14, Vancouver, Canada)
- Robin Robins Boot Camp 2022 (April 19-22, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Dell Technologies World 2022 (May 2-5, Las Vegas)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- IBM Think 2022 (May 10-11)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.