5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 21 June 2021
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, June 21, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. MSP Security Strategies: The IT Nation Secure 2021 conference, set for this week in Orlando, should provide plenty of cybersecurity and CMMC compliance news for MSPs, MSSPs and technology solutions providers (TSPs). The event, hosted by ConnectWise, surfaces roughly seven months after ConnectWise acquired Perch Security and StratoZen for SOC (security operations center) and SIEM (security information and event management) services. Among the key developments to watch: Potential software partnerships for the new ConnectWise Recover Complete BDR dashboard. The dashboard’s first partner is Acronis.
2. MSP Online Storefronts: Ingram Micro has introduced Marketplace as a Service. The cloud platform allows VARs and MSPs to quickly build their own online storefronts. In some ways, the move appears to compete with the recently launched Datto Commerce storefront platform for MSPs.
3. Investment – Talent: Accenture Ventures has invested in Beamery, a London-based startup that uses artificial intelligence (AI) technology to “help the world’s largest companies attract, engage and retain talent at a global scale,” Accenture says. Financial terms of the investment were not disclosed.
4. Google Cloud – Edge and ISV Partners: Google Cloud has lined up 20 more edge partners.
5. HPE Discover 2021 News: Track all news from the HPE conference here.
6. Private Equity Under Scrutiny: The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) plans to revise the reporting requirements of private equity firms, Middle Market Growth reports. Some regulators and legislators worry that private equity firms aren’t disclosing enough about their businesses, especially as PE firms gain growing reach across the technology landscape.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- HPE Discover 2021 (June 22-24, Virtual)
- Microsoft Inspire 2021 (July 14-15, Virtual)
- CompTIA ChannelCon 2021 (August 3-4, Virtual)
- Build IT Live 2021 (August 30-September 1, New York)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here