Greetings and salutations. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 15, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Typically every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Executive VP & Editorial Director at [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. MSP Software - Executive Leadership: NinjaOne, a unified IT management platform for MSPs and IT departments, has hired Rubrik, MuleSoft and Splunk veteran Shay Mowlem as chief marketing and strategy officer. Mowlem oversees NinjaOne's global marketing functions and the company's product-led growth strategy and strategic partnerships.
2. Funding - ServiceNow App Development: Xtype, a DevOps platform for ServiceNow app development, has raised $5.8 million in seed funding led by Columbia Capital with participation from Inner Loop Capital and SaaS Ventures.
3. Partner Program - MSPs and Cloud Cost Management: Harness has launched the Harness Global Managed Service Provider (MSP) partner program. The new program enables organizations working with MSPs to manage their cloud spend, consumption and resources using the Harness Cloud Cost Management module with the support, services and training of their MSP of choice, the companies said.
4. Slack Partner Program: Slack and Salesforce have launched Slack Partner Industry Solutions with global consulting partners. Solutions are available from such firms as Accenture, Atrium, Capgemini, Deloitte, Globant, IBM, KPMG, NeuraFlash, PwC, Silverline, and Slalom.
5. Partnership - Cyber Insurance: EXL and CyberCube are jointly developing cyber insurance solutions for the property and casualty (P&C) insurance industry.
6. Big M&A: Adobe is acquiring Figma, a collaborative design platform, for $20 billion in cash and stock. Adobe's stock fell about 13% on the news
B. Annual Channel Partner Conferences and MSP Summits
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2022 (September 20-22, San Francisco, California)
- Taylor Business Group BigBig 2022 (September 21-24, South Florida)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Oracle NetSuite SuiteWorld 2022 (September 27-30, Las Vegas)