5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 06 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, November 7, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Private Equity Rumor: Is 8×8 a potential buyout target? A few sources are hearing chatter involving that company…
2. M&A – Managed IT Services: HBK IT LLC has acquired Unicom Solutions Group of Mountainside, New Jersey. Unicom, launched in 1991, offers IT services to small and midsize private companies, nonprofits and government agencies.
4. Noteworthy M&A Deals for October 2019: Check out this nifty deal list from Equiteq Edge…
5. Financial Results- IT Consulting Services: Perficient, a digital transformation consulting firm serving North American enterprises, disclosed third quarter revenue of $144.7 million, up from $123.9 million in the third quarter of 2018. Also, net income increased 55% to $9.8 million from $6.3 million in the third quarter of 2018.
6. Financial Results – Presidio: The midmarket IT solutions provider disclosed these financial results for its first quarter of fiscal 2020. Presidio is in the process of shifting to private equity ownership.
8. Cloud Database Monitoring: SentryOne has launched SentryOne Cloud, which allows SQL Server partners and customers to monitor and automate documentation, testing and validation of data-centric applications in the cloud.
9. Data Protection – Microsoft Azure: Cloudera has unveiled the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) powered by Microsoft Azure.
10. AWS Compute Purchase Program: Amazon has launched new “savings plans” for AWS Compute Services…
11. Talent – Digital Business Services: Anexinet has hired Christopher Vain as chief strategy officer.
12. Rugged Outdoor WiFi Access Points: Here are details from Watchguard.
13. Endpoint Management: Adaptiva has launched OneSite VMware Edition to global audiences. The cloud-enabled version of Adaptiva’s OneSite product enables enterprises using the VMware Workspace ONE UEM platform to distribute software through a single download experience while automatically protecting the wide-area network, the company says.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Partner Program – Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI): Computex Technology Solutions has attained Master-tier status with Nutanix. The status represents the highest tier in the Nutanix Channel Charter program, and is granted based on revenue goals and technical certifications.
2. Partnership – Retail Vertical: Schneider Electric is partnering with Scale Computing to deliver the Scale Computing HC3 Edge for retail Solution within Schneider Electric’s Micro Data Centers. The joint effort helps retailers overcome challenges with edge infrastructure so they can modernize for IoT, optimize in-store functions and enhance the customer experience, the firms assert.
3. VMware Migrations: JetStream Software and its MSP partner, ENS-Inc are helping Microsoft to migrate VMs from customers’ on-premises VMware clusters to AVS using JetStream Migrate, the company says.
4. Partner Program – Hiring Software: Greenhouse has introduced its Customer-Preferred Partner Program. The new partnership model helps companies “make better hiring tech decisions by introducing peer guidance for Talent Acquisition (TA) tech stack considerations,” Greenhouse says.
5. Partner Program – Sales Enablement: Showpad has expanded Partner Program with 11 new Sales Effectiveness Partners, the company says.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Service Management World Conference (November 9-13, Orlando,Florida)
- Workday Rising Europe 2019 (Nov 12-14, Milan, Italy)
- Synnex Fall Varnex 2019 (Nov 17-20, Las Vegas)
- Ingram Micro ONE 2019 (Nov 18-21, Denver, Colorado)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2019 (Nov 19-22, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.