Greetings and salutations. Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 4, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Typically every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Executive VP & Editorial Director at [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. N-able Empower 2022 Conference for MSPs: Read our live blog for all of the conference news.
2. SolarWinds Partner Program: SolarWinds has launched the Transform Partner Program for distributors, value-added resellers (VARs), global system integrators (GSIs), managed service providers (MSPs), and cloud partners around the world. The move surfaces one week after SolarWinds hired VMware and IBM veteran Chad Reese as president of Americas sales and global channel. The efforts come as SolarWinds strives to jumpstart growth after spinning off its N-able MSP software business in 2021.
4. IT Services - Crypto Payments: SADA, a major technology consultancy and Google Cloud Partner, has begun accepting payments in cryptocurrency.
5. Executive Leadership - UCaaS: Digerati Technologies has named Derek Gietzen president of the business. He previously was president of NextLevel Internet , a Digerati subsidiary.
6. Executive Leadership - IT Consulting: Core BTS CFO Kevin Thimjon will succeed Paul Lidsky as CEO on January 1, 2023. Lidsky will shift to executive chairman.
7. Partnership - Security Ratings: HCLTech and SecurityScorecard have partnered to offer "combined solutions that provide a holistic approach to security management, improving customers’ ability to see, resolve and communicate risk more effectively," the two companies said.