Top 50 Channel Partner Conferences & Technology Events for 2018
Before you travel to technology events in 2018, make sure you study ChannelE2E’s Top 50 Channel Partner Conferences for 2018 list — unveiled below. The list is based on our 4Q 2017 readership survey; our own travels; and our ongoing coverage of the IT services market.
Four quick points before you navigate the list:
- The list below is sorted alphabetically.
- Only one event per company qualified for the Top 50 list.
- Contact the conference organizer to confirm event dates and location.
- Our ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar lists hundreds of events by month for 2018 and beyond.
Now, here are the Top 50 Channel Partner Conferences & Technology Events for 2018…
1. Splunk .conf 2018 (October 1-4): Splunk’s tools provide operational intelligence to improve customers’ business performance and cybersecurity. The offerings are increasingly popular with service providers and security-centric MSPs.
2. ASCII Success Summits (Multiple Dates, Cities): These gatherings are designed for VARs and MSPs in the SMB sector. Highly educational with plenty of vendor-to-partner engagement and more. Search our ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar for all of the dates and locations.
3. Avaya Engage 2018 (January 28-31): Avaya emerged from chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in December 2017. The company has vowed to rally partners and customers at the Engage conference, set for late January in New Orleans.
4. Amazon AWS re:Invent 2018 (November 26-30): More than 40,000 people attended Amazon’s top cloud event — AWS re:Invent — in 2017. Cloud-centric MSPs like 2nd Watch were on hand. If you’re serious about managing AWS workloads for customers, this is a can’t-miss event in November 2018.
5. Black Hat USA 2018 (August 4-9): One of the top cybersecurity conferences of the year. A great location for established and aspiring MSSPs to further build their expertise. Set for August in Las Vegas.
6. CA World 2018 (November 12-16): Best known as an enterprise IT conference, you may be surprised to learn that more than 600 MSPs attended the 2017 conference. Many of those MSPs are midmarket service providers focused on cloud- and application-centric monitoring.
7. Channel Partners Conference and Expo (April 17-20): The April conference expects to attract more than 6,000 industry experts – including agents, VARs, MSPs, integrators and service providers converge to share ideas and drive discussion on the topics shaping our industry, the company says.
8. ChannelCon 2018 (July 31-August 2): CompTIA’s flagship conference for channel partners typically attracts VARs and MSPs in the SMB sector. However, CompTIA has been working more closely with SaaS-, cloud- and ISV-centric partners ahead of the July-August 2018 event. Bonus: Keep an eye on CompTIA Community Forum (formerly AMM — short for Annual Member Meeting) in March.
9. Cisco Partner Summit 2018 (November 13-16): Cisco’s annual partner gathering visits Las Vegas in November. This is a prime opportunity to check out Cisco’s partner push toward subscription services and recurring revenues. Plus, check in on the SMB efforts — including the ConnectWise partnership. Bonus: Don’t forget about Cisco Live 2018, the company’s flagship customer conference.
10. Citrix Summit 2018 (January 8-10): This is a critically important conference for Citrix and the company’s partner community, considering the company’s continued evolution in 2017. Some assets have been sold off in recent years. Others have been slightly repositioned. Citrix Summit provides the ideal time to perform a reality check in January 2018. Bonus: Don’t forget about the Citrix Synergy customer conference in May 2018.
Go to page two for conferences 11 through 20, sorted alphabetically