Content, Mergers and Acquisitions, Channel investors, Mergers and Acquisitions

NTT Communications Acquires RagingWire Data Centers

Massaki Moribayashi
Massaki Moribayashi

NTT Communications (NTT Com), which already owned 80 percent of RagingWire Data Centers. has now acquired the remaining 20 percent of the company.

NTT Com is one of the largest data center companies in the world, the firm asserts, with 140 facilities in more than 20 countries and regions. And it sounds like the RagingWire relationship has been fruitful in recent years.

“Since joining the NTT Communications family of companies, RagingWire has become a linchpin in our global data center strategy,” said Masaaki Moribayashi, senior VP of Cloud Services at NTT Communications. “Their award-winning design, 100 percent availability operational model, and industry-leading sales and marketing have been critical to our growth worldwide.”

RagingWire opened its doors in 2000 and focused on colocation services. The company now boasts 1.5 million square feet of data center space with 113 megawatts of power in the United States and provides wholesale data centers for enterprises and cloud companies.

Doug Adams

“By joining NTT Communications, RagingWire became a global company with access to NTT’s financial strength, global data centers, and world-class information and communications technology solutions,” said Douglas Adams, CEO and preesident of RagingWire Data Centers. “Thanks to the support we have received from NTT Com, RagingWire is uniquely positioned to meet the data center needs of large enterprises and hyperscale cloud companies that require available data center capacity in the top U.S. and international markets.”

Other branches on NTT Com’s family tree of data center companies include the likes of India’s Netmagic Solutions, European-based Gyron Internet and GmbH, and an extensive portfolio of companies in Asia. The combined floorspace of NTT Com companies makes up a global data center platform of 4 million square feet.