10 Most Read ChannelE2E News Stories: Week Ended 22 January 2021
This week’s 10 most read channel and MSP news stories, columns, blogs, editorials and research involved:
10. Public Cloud Market Share: The latest market share stats involving Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and more.
9. Staples-Office Depot M&A Speculation: No deal has emerged, but the CompuCom IT services business hangs in the balance…
8. M&A Lists for 2021 and 2020: We’ve covered more than 60 merger and acquisition (M&A) deals involving MSPs, technology companies, private equity firms and more so far in 2021. Also, we tracked 538 M&A deals in 2020. Check out the complete lists.
7. Citrix Systems Acquires Wrike from Vista Equity Partners: The acquisition involves work management and project management software, and essentially counters Slack — the platform that Salesforce is acquiring.
5. Thoma Bravo Advantage SPAC Completes IPO: The SPAC (special purpose acquisition company) is designed to acquire a software company… Thoma Bravo already owns stakes in MSP-friendly software companies such as Barracuda, ConnectWise, SolarWinds and Sophos, among many others.
4. Huawei Banned or Permitted: Systems integrators and IT consulting firms worldwide seek to understand where Huawai’s 5G network equipment is permitted for deployment — and where the gear is banned. ChannelE2E’s country-by-country list provides context.
3. More SBA PPP Loans for Small Businesses: A new round of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans — organized by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) — is now available. Here are the latest details.
2. SolarWinds Orion Breach Timeline: New updates from Microsoft and Symantec further describe how hackers hit SolarWinds Orion software to launch attacks against government agencies and business targets.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs Survey: The survey closes today (Friday, January 22). Results and honorees will be disclosed in April. Participate now.