Laser Image Plus was founded in 1987 in Costa Mesa, California by Tob and Teri Pool. The company remanufactured and distributed toner cartridges and toner kits on a wholesale and retail level, offering products from Dell, IBM, Epson, Ricoh, and more. The company lists around 12,000 products for sale, which it says is one of the most extensive cartridge lines in the United States.
Founded in 1993, Magnum Print Solutions also remanufactures toner cartridges and also printers and copiers.
M&A: Managed Print Services, Office Equipment Dealers
Office equipment dealers and managed print services companies have been consolidating in recent years. Among the deals that ChannelE2E has tracked include:
- Marco, a St. Cloud, Minnesota technology service provider acquired copier/printer company Accent Business Solutions
- The merger of The Office Center and 360 Office Solutions
- QRX Technology Group acquired Kerr Norton
- Repro Products acquired 4ColorLaser, a Xerox Authorized Dealer
- Loffler Companies acquiring Copier Business Solutions
- Business Complete Solutions (BCS) acquiring StarPoint Advantage
Mike Dudek and Rich Wisniewski of Zygoquest, who advised Laser Image Plus on this most recent deal, have had a hand in a number of deals within the office equipment market.
The firm has consulted on at least six consummated acquisitions already in 2019, and dozens more in recent years. Recently, Zygoquest was a key part of Rouse Consulting Group’s acquisition of DCS Computer Services.