The multi-layered strategy involves data isolation and business continuity working in tandem, according to Beth Phalen, president of data protection at Dell EMC. The solution set includes security analytics tools that leverage artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities.
Also, Dell EMC Services can advise, design, deploy and implement a tailored Cyber Recovery solution, the company says.
The service offerings include:
- One-Day Workshops: Consultants share Dell EMC best practices for business resiliency with a strong focus on cyber recovery.
- Advisory Services: The advisory service builds on the Workshop by adding development of a high level cyber recovery strategy. The customer’s current and desired state is analyzed to create a tailored strategy for cyber recovery preparedness.
- Advisory & Roadmap Services: The advisory & roadmap builds on the advisory service with a deeper dive into customer’s cyber recovery strategy to recommend an optimized implementation roadmap. This includes developing a cyber recovery maturity model report, which benchmarks the customer’s current state against industry best practices.
- Deployment Services: New deployment services can be added to the ProDeploy Enterprise Suite or purchased separately and are available in two variations to fit customer needs.
- Implementation Services: Dell EMC Services can also customize the implementation to address additional use cases.
While anti-ransomware services are in high demand, the market is filled with competition. Virtually every major backup, disaster recovery and business continuity company now offers some form of ransomware mitigation.
More recently, Dell has been striving to return to public markets -- though the company faces a potential showdown vs activist investor Carl Icahn.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.