Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
10. Managed WiFi Services: CenturyLink has launched managed WiFi services that leverage Cisco Meraki technology.
9. Dell EMC Splunk: Dell EMC has developed Dell EMC Ready Systems for Splunk, which will help companies of all sizes combine the power of Splunk with the simplicity and scalability of Dell EMC VxRail Appliances and Dell EMC VxRack System FLEX, the companies claim.
8. Oracle Cloud Services Sales: Oracle has unveiled new programs that transform how customers buy and consume cloud services, the company says. Where do partners fit in? We're checking.
7. Avaya Bankruptcy and Pensions: First, the good news. Avaya's pension program continues to pay benefits to retirees. Now, the bad news: Some Avaya retirees are losing supplemental pension benefits -- including this widow who tried, and failed, to get the benefits restored. Avaya is striving to emerge from bankruptcy protection later this year.
6. Hostile Buyer?: Progress Software is pushing back against activist demands to make board room changes. Is a hostile fight to control the company under way?
5. Talent: Vonage has named Bob Crissman as its new channel chief. Crissman previously was VP of global channel sales at Alfresco Software, which once positioned itself as a Microsoft SharePoint alternative.
4. M&A - Internet of Things: Itron has acquired Silver Spring Networks as part of its ongoing IoT initiatives...
3. Amazon Smart Glasses: Amazon is developing smart glasses. I'm still upset over the money I wasted on Google Glass...
2. HIPAA: Compliancy Group continues to work closely with MSPs and IT services providers as they navigate HIPAA compliance mandates and associated health care clientele needs.