5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 18 July 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look
13. Google Fine & Hand Slap: EU antitrust regulators hit Google with a record 4.34 billion euro ($5 billion) fine on Wednesday for using its Android mobile operating system to squeeze out rivals, Reuters notes. However, the punishment is nowhere near as severe as the one regulators inflicted on Microsoft nearly a decade ago, Bloomberg asserts.
12. CEO Departure: Texas Instruments CEO Brian Crutcher has resigned for violating the company’s code of conduct related to personal behavior. Details about the violation were not disclosed, though they are not related to the company’s finances, TI said. Chairman Richard Templeton is now president and CEO. Chip companies Intel and Rambus have also parted ways with former CEOs in recent months amid alleged personal conduct issues.
11. Dell Buyout Question Marks: Dell’s plan to go public continues to raise questions from critics, some of whom are questioning Michael Dell’s math…
10. Lenovo & Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI): Lenovo Data Center Group and Cloudistics have unveiled the ThinkAgile CP Series, a ‘cloud-in-a-box’ that offers public cloud-like capabilities in a private cloud configuration secured behind the customer’s own data center firewall.
9. Amazon Prime and SMBs: Small and medium-sized businesses worldwide have exceeded more than $1 billion in sales on Amazon during the ecommerce giant’s Prime Day 2018 promotion…
8. AWS Machine Learning: Amazon Web Services used its annual AWS Summit in New York July 17 to introduce new SageMaker machine learning (ML) features and announce expanded relationships with customers including 21st Century Fox, MESA Alliance notes.
7. AWS Partner Network: Data security specialist Enveil has achieved Standard Technology Partner status in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN).
6. Alibaba Cloud Partnership: Cloud management platform DivvyCloud now supports Alibaba Cloud, the fastest growing of the five major cloud platforms, RTInsights notes. The move comes a few days after reports that Alibaba and BT may partner on cloud services across Europe.
3. Mac, iPhone Remote Control: TeamViewer has extended its integration with Microsoft Intune to now include remote iOS device screen sharing. TeamViewer already integrates with Intune to provide remote assistance on all types of PCs and Android devices. Now, TeamViewer allows IT administrators to view iOS and macOS device screens remotely in real-time within in the Intune console, the company says.
1. ESOP Pros and Cons: Amid the hype about employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) as a business owner exit strategy, this article clearly points out ESOP pros and cons for business owners and employees.