5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 06 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. AWS Cloud Management: nOps has achieved AWS Cloud Management Tools (CMT) Competency status.
2. Multi-Cloud Managed Services: DXC Technology has launched a multi-cloud orchestration, automation and governance solution for any cloud. It’s powered by VMware.
3. Momentum – SaaS Business Applications: Zoho now supports 50 million business users. The company now has 10 data centers around the globe, which support more than 45 different applications that help businesses located in more than 190 countries.
4. IBM Cloud for Banking: IBM, working with Bank of America, has designed the “world’s first financial services-ready public cloud,” the companies assert. It’s an important move for IBM, which essentially lost the public cloud wars to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. To differentiate, IBM has emphasized a multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud strategy — leveraging the recent Red Hat acquisition for cross-platform capabilities. IBM’s strong heritage on Wall Street could make the technology giant a compelling choice for banks that want special-purpose, compliance-ready cloud services, ChannelE2E believes.
5. Cloud IaaS: Voxility, an international Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, has launched operations in Spain to expand its European footprint. The launch coincides with the deployment of a point-of-presence (PoP) in Madrid with Interxion, a provider of carrier and cloud-neutral colocation data centre services in Europe, Voxility says.
6. Office Depot, CompuCom Financial Results: Office Depot’s latest financial results showed continued progress for the CompuCom business unit, the office equipment and IT solutions provider said.
7. Ingram Micro Financial Results: Ingram Micro‘s third quarter net sales were $11.87 billion, down 1 percent from Q3 last year. GAAP net income was $102 million, compared to $94 million in Q3 last year.
8. Talent – Cloud Contact Center: Talkdesk has named Vasili Triant as chief strategy officer (CSO).
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – Women in the Channel: The Alliance of Channel Women, a not-for-profit organization of women in the indirect sales channel of the telecom and IT industry, is looking for female channel leaders to join its board of directors for the next two years, beginning in January 2020. Interested candidates, who are ACW members in good standing, are invited to apply no later than December 5, 2019.
3. Distribution – Microsoft Azure for MSPs: D&H Distributing, is rapidly growing its “Cloud Cluster” strategy and cloud services offering — particularly as it pertains to Microsoft Azure. Key relationships include CloudCheckr, Nerdio and ReadyNetworks. For partners that need some customer assistance, D&H is providing Azure assessment, migration, and management from MSP consultant ReadyNetworks.
4. Distribution – Windows Cloud Workspaces: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute a new IGEL bundle for cloud workspaces. It combines products from IGEL and Citrix, and simplifies the migration of Windows desktops to Azure.
5. Distribution – Storage Services: Zadara Storage and Promark Technology have introduced a “streamlined system that brings simplicity to the process of ordering, managing and provisioning enterprise storage services,” the companies say.
6. Internet Phone Services: RingLeader has launched a white label partner program.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Kaseya Connect IT Europe 2019 (November 4-7, Amsterdam)
- Microsoft Ignite (November 4-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Cisco Partner Summit (November 5-7, Las Vegas)
- Service Management World Conference (November 9-13, Orlando,Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].