5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 01 May 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
15. Talent- VoIP: ConnectMeVoice, a channel-centric hosted VoIP and unified communications provider, has hired Raffi Jamgotchian to lead its channel sales and marketing efforts. Jamgotchian, an active CompTIA and ASCII Group member, previously was founder, president and CTO of Triada Networks, a cybersecurity and IT solutions provider in Norwood, New Jersey.
14. Amazon Managed Blockchain Service: The Amazon Managed Blockchain service is available bow after several months of beta testing.
12. Data Insights: Splunk has launched Splunk Connected Experiences and Splunk Business Flow. The former delivers insights on-the-go through augmented reality (AR), mobile devices like the iPhone, and mobile applications that provide users with the ability to access their data anywhere and at anytime. The latter is designed for business operations professionals who can now explore and visualize their business processes and customer experiences to make data-driven decisions, Splunk asserts.
11. Employee Benefits – HPE: Hewlett Packard Enterprise will offer new parents six months of paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child, in addition to other benefits designed to improve work/life balance for employees, the enterprise IT company says.
10. ZenDesk Financial Results: ZenDesk’s revenue for Q1 of 2019 was $181.5 million, up 40 percent from Q1 of 2018. The company’s GAAP net loss was $44.7 million. ZenDesk has been working overtime to scale its channel partner program.
9. Single Sign-On – Apple Devices: Mosyle is beta testing Single Sign-On and Mosyle Auth for Apple Mac customers.
8. Identity and Access Management: SAP has launched SAP Customer Identity and Access Management (SAP CIAM) solutions for business-to-business (B2B) use. The SaaS-based solutions help customers grant third parties access to first-party data and exchange sensitive or intellectual property without exposing themselves to security, legal and regulatory risk, SAP asserts.
7. Distribution – IoT: Tech Data has agreed to distribute Cradlepoint NetCloud Solution Packages — which allow customers to more easily buy, consume, evolve and support edge networks, the companies say. Key focus opportunities include IoT and 5G network applications.
6. Partners: IT consulting firm Nth Generation is now a partner of Formulus Black, which develops the ForsaOS platform for running applications entirely in-memory. The platform provides huge gains in compute efficiency, the two companies claim.
5. Partner Program: WatchGuard Technologies has expanded its WatchGuardONE partner program with specializations for Network Security, Secure Wi-Fi and MFA (multi-factor authentication).
3. Funding – SD-WANs: Aryaka, a managed SD-WAN provider, has closed a $50 million Series F round of funding led by Goldman Sachs Private Capital Investing. The deal brings Aryaka’s total funding to $184 million.
2. Get Funded: ConnectWise is inviting firms to compete in PitchIT, a contest to “determine the next great product or offering integrated into the ConnectWise platform.” The winner will receive an investment of up to $75,000 from ConnectWise to power their integration, the company says. Deadline for entries is June 1. Three finalists will be invited pitch their current or potential offering on stage at IT Nation Explore (June 13-15 in Orlando, Florida).
1. SMB Growth Stats: Here are the 10 states with the fastest growing small and midsize businesses, according to Amazon and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.