5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 22 January 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Actually, there are 25 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
25. Avaya Partner Summit: At this week’s Avaya Engage 2019 conference in Austin, Texas, the company unveiled a private cloud delivery model for its Avaya OneCloud solutions for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS). The Avaya OneCloud ReadyNow private cloud offerings feature preconfigured, per-seat consumption and standard bundles of both UCaaS and CCaaS solutions.
24. Partnership – Network Services: Nitel, a nationwide technology services provider, has completed a multi-site interconnection with Nextiva, a VoIP company focused on cloud-based communications.
23. Partnership – Managed Services: Pivot Point Consulting, a Vaco Company, is partnering with PD, Inc. to provide U.S.-based solutions for managed services. The combined team is based at a Managed Services Center of Excellence in Madison, Wisconsin.
22. Partnership: PCCW Global and TierPoint are partnering to offer U.S.-based enterprises a global software-defined interconnection platform using TierPoint’s infrastructure, with access to PCCW Global’s Console Connect.
21. Funding and Diversity: SAP has unveiled SAP.iO No Boundaries, an initiative to fund and incubate startups led by women and minorities. The goal is to help at least 200 startups around the world within the next five years.
20. Ingram Micro Services: Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services has opened a U.S. ITAD Service Hub in Richmond, Virginia, as part of the company’s ongoing initiative to bring services closer to its clients. The move reinforces Ingram’s ability to remain focused on business even as rumors about a potential company sale pop up from time to time.
19. Intel CEO Search: The chip giant is hoping to name a new CEO before Intel reveals quarterly financial results on January 24, Bloomberg reports...
18. IBM Earnings: The company’s latest quarterly results are scheduled to arrive after markets close today.
17. Amazon – Small Business Friend or Foe?: Instead of destroying businesses, Amazon is making the case that it’s helping build tomorrow’s SMB companies…
16. NOC Services: Federated Wireless will leverage Aviat Networks’ Global Network Operations Center (NOC) services for wireless services that leverage the new Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS).
15. IT Training – ServiceNow and College Students: ServiceNow has partnered with TASK (Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge) to launch an academic training program in Telangana. The program culminated in a job fair last week where 264 job offers were made to 248 certified students, the company says.
14. Talent – Cloud Communications: Twilio has named Chetan Chaudhary as its global VP of partners. His previous roles at the company included head of channel sales and general manager of Twilio’s IoT business unit.
13. Talent – Data Centers: Stack Infrastructure has hired Matt VanderZanden as chief strategy officer. VanderZanden will lead development and location strategy for Stack with a focus on product development, site selection, and strategic partnerships.
12. Talent – CTO: Matthew Oostveen, formerly CTO for Dell EMC’s Asia Pacific and Japan operations, has resigned for the technology giant. He did not disclose his next career move. We’re checking to se if Dell EMC plans to name a successor for Oostveen’s former role.
11. Talent – Information Builders: The data and analytics giant has named Frank J. Vella as CEO.
Continue to page two of two for today’s items 10 to 1.