Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
13. IBM Think Conference: Our live coverage of IBM Think 2018, including thoughts from CEO Ginni Rometty, continues here.
12. Earnings: Oracle’s revenue latest quarterly cloud computing revenue was $1.566 billion, up 25 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. SaaS revenues jumped 24% to $1.15 billion, while PaaS and IaaS rose by 28% to $415 million. Oracle's overall results were just short of Wall Street's expectations, and shares fell 6 percent on the news last night.
11. Earnings: ConvergeOne Holdings says total revenue for the quarter ended December 31, 2017 was $299.2 million -- up from $210.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2016. The company has acquired multiple IT services providers to fuel that growth.
10. IT Service Management: Provance IT Service Management now integrates with Microsoft Azure—letting IT achieve faster diagnostics, ticket resolution and more efficiently managing services in the cloud, the company claims.
9. Unified Endpoint Protection: Endgame has released a set of open-source tools that allow enterprises to test defenses against modern attacker behaviors. These tools, called red team automation (RTA), directly map to MITRE's ATT&CK matrix, a framework for attacker techniques and tactics.
8. Monitoring: IP House, a new entrant to the UK Colocation Market, has selected Schneider Electric's EcoStruxure IT platform to provide proactive 24/7 monitoring of their ISO-accredited, 2MW data center.
7. Backup And Disaster Recovery: Continuum has expended its backup and disaster recovery (BDR) platform to the Asia Pacific region. The BDR solution, which Continuum manages for MSPs in the SMB sector, runs in an IBM Cloud data center in Sydney, Australia. Additional instances are already running in North America and Europe. Continuum also offers managed NOC, security, RMM and help desk services to MSPs.
6. Partnership - MSP Software: Kaseya has inked a strategic reseller agreement and integration partnership with IT Glue, the IT documentation platform for MSPs. The move comes only a few weeks after IT Glue launched MyGlue, a documentation and password management platform that MSPs can offer to their end customers.
5. M&A - MSP: Rehmann, a top 40 accounting and advisory firm, and Trivalent Group, a top 100 managed IT service provider based in Grandville, Michigan, are merging on April 1. We'll share more thoughts soon.
3. Talent: Hilltop Consultants Inc., a top MSP in the legal vertical, has hired Stacy Fischbach as VP of customer relations, effective immediately. She leads the company's effort to better serve client’s needs, increase business development and strengthen product/partner relationships. We'll share more details about her hiring soon.
2. Succession Planning: You own a business but you want to retire and potentially transition ownership to your employees, check out this new ESOP-oriented website.
1. Funding: CareWorx, a Top 100 Vertical Market MSP focused on senior health care services, has received $17 million in funding from California-based Kayne Partners. We'll share more details soon.