5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 17 September 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, September 17, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. MSP Conference – IT Glue: The GlueX 2019 conference continues in Phoenix, Arizona. It’s safe to expect some news today from the MSP documentation platform provider. Stay tuned. IT Glue is a Kaseya company.
2. Oracle OpenWorld 2019: Live updates from this week’s Oracle OpenWorld 2019 continue here.
3. MSPs – RMM Software: Barracuda MSP has enhanced Managed Workplace, an RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platform that the company acquired earlier this year. The enhancements simplify patch management and tighten integration with Barracuda Intronis Backup. Managed Workplace generated between $13 million and $15 million in revenue for former owner Avast in 2018, ChannelE2E estimates.
4. Talent: Fusion Risk Management a provider of business continuity and risk management software and services, has named Michael Campbell as CEO. Fusion Founder David Nolan shifts to Strategic Advisor. Vista Equity Partners, parent of Datto, owns Fusion.
5. Talent: Capgemini’s CEO post will transition from Paul Hermelin to Aiman Ezzat in May 2020. Ezzat currently is COO.
6. IBM Multi-Cloud Strategy: CEO Ginni Rometty continues to emphasize a multi-cloud software strategy — leveraging the recent Red Hat acquisition.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
3. MSP – Microsoft Azure: Atmosera, a Microsoft cloud services provider, is now a Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider.
4. IT Management and Monitoring: Forescout Technologies has announced an expanded integration with Microsoft Intune. The integration allows partners and customers to improve security, compliance and control across campus, data center, public cloud and operational networks, the companies say.
5. Technology Alliances – Storage: Pure Storage launched a Technology Alliance Partner Program (TAP) for technology and solutions partners.
6. ERP Software: Priority Software is making new investments in its channel partner program — especially as it pertains to the North American market.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Pure Storage Accelerate 2019 (September 15-18, Austin, Texas)
- Cisco Contact Center Summit 2019 (September 17-19, Hollywood, Florida)
- New Relic FutureStack (September 19, New York)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].