5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 14 August 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
7. More Tesla Funding Controversy: Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted on Monday that he was working with buyout firm Silver Lake and investment bank Goldman Sachs Group as financial advisers on his plan to take the U.S. electric car maker private, Reuters notes. However: Silver Lake denied the claim, and Goldman Sachs has not disclosed such work, according to Bloomberg.
6. Venture Capital for Black Entrepreneurs: Andreessen Horowitz is working with basketball star Kevin Durant, actor Will Smith and Essence magazine publisher Richelieu Dennis to develop a venture capital fund for black entrepreneurs, The Wall Street Journal reports.
4. M&A Guidance: Momentum Cyber was the exclusive financial advisor to ADT on its acquisition of Secure Designs Inc (SDI).
3. M&A – HR Technology Services: Private equity firm H.I.G. Capital has acquired New York-based Buck, an HR consulting, benefits, administration and technology services firm. Financial terms were not disclosed. H.I.G. has acquired multiple MSP and IT services firms in recent months, and the company funded Trace3’s buyout of Data Strategy.
2. M&A – Vertical Market IT Consulting: WCI Data Solutions has acquired HingePoint, a systems consulting firm focused on the real estate and construction verticals. The deal strengthens WCI’s ability to provide specified data strategy and advisory services to clientele in those markets. WCI is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) member.
1. Benchmark Your MSP: How is your business performing compared to the overall MSP and IT services market? Join our next ChannelE2E webcast to find out.