5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 08 October 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 8, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Talent – Vertical Market MSP: Fully Managed has promoted Marco La Vecchia to chief revenue officer (CRO), effective immediately. Fully Managed, a Top 100 Vertical Market MSP, focuses on three core business sectors:
- Managed Services for SMB businesses and multi-location enterprises;
- Senior care IT services for skilled nursing facilities and senior living locations; and
- Enterprise Service Management (ESM) automation in the ServiceNow ecosystem.
La Vecchia is well known in and around the MSP sector. He previously held key posts at AVG (acquired by Avast) and N-able Technologies (acquired by SolarWinds MSP).
3. M&A Guidance: Mike Dudek and Rich Wisniewski of Zygoquest Group advised RPG Squarefoot Solutions and its owners Laura and Mark Kadonoff on the purchase of assets from G & H Service Company. Financial terms were not disclosed.
4. M&A – Augmented Reality: Verizon has acquired Jaunt, an augmented reality and virtual reality specialist. Financial terms were not disclosed.
5. M&A – Wiring and Cable: TPC Wire & Cable Corp. (TPC) has acquired Pittsburgh Wire and Cable (PWC), a value-add stocking distributor of high end electrical solutions for the Video Inspection, Mining and Rail industries.
7. Lawsuit – Data Protection: Westinghouse Electric has filed suit against a data protection solutions provider, demanding a $1.3 million refund after the partner allegedly failed to deliver a reliable, secure data storage system, Law360 reports.
8. Cloud Backup Software: Backblaze Cloud Backup 7.0 features advanced version history management; improved Windows and macOS support; and additional account security options.
9. Talent – Oracle Cloud Services: Oracle plans to hire about 2,000 workers worldwide to expand its cloud business into more countries, Reuters reports. The hiring plan arrives even as Oracle allegedly cuts other areas of its business — particularly storage hardware talent.
10. Apple Device Management: Jamf’s Apple Device Management software supports the new Apple macOS Catalina.
11. US-China Blacklist: The U.S. government widened its trade blacklist to include some of China’s top artificial intelligence startups, punishing Beijing for its treatment of Muslim minorities and ratcheting up tensions ahead of high-level trade talks in Washington this week, Reuters reports.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Integration – ConnectWise, VMware and Veeam: MSPs that run ConnectWise Manage can now gain simplified billing and monetization capabilities for VMware and Veeam cloud services, thanks to an integration from HyAlto.
2. Unified Communications Network Monitoring: Nectar Services Corp.‘s partner program has gained 17 new partners in the last four months, including Avaya and SKC Communication.
3. Partner Program: Forcepoint has expanded its partner program to feature The Global System Integrators (GSI) Platinum and Accredited Services Partners (ASP) programs.
4. SAP Data Protection: Certain SIOS Technology Corp. software offerings have earned certification for SAP S/4HANA data protection.
5. Global Reseller – Data Privacy: SAP has agreed to resell BigID solutions under two brands: SAP Privacy Management application by BigID and SAP Data Mapping and Protection application by BigID.
6. Partners of the Year: Pivotal Software, which is set to tuck into VMware, has announced its 2019 partners of the year.
7. Partner Program – Manufacturing: InfinityQS, which specializes in data-driven manufacturing quality, has formally entered into strategic partnerships with over 40 industry service providers since 2018, the company says.
8. Distribution – Unified Communications as a Service: Ingram Micro has expanded its unified communications and collaboration business in South Carolina. The move involves two recent acquisitions (NetXUSA and the Phoenix Group) as well as additional teams including Ingram Micro’s Large Format Printing and DCPOS business. U.S. Country Chief Executive Kirk Robinson will host a ribbon cutting ceremony today in Greer, South Carolina. Rival Synnex also has a major footprint in South Carolina.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- 4u2grow Marketopia Conference (October 9-11, Clearwater Beach, Florida)
- Acronis Cyber Summit 2019 (October 13-16, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Workday Rising 2019 (October 14-17, Orlando, Florida)
- Commvault Go 2019 (October 14-16, Denver, Colorado)
- Continuum Navigate 2019 (October 15-16, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.