5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 07 November 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look
15. The Enemy of My Enemy: Rivals Intel and AMD are partnering to compete against Nvidia and build chips that support high-end graphics and video games on notebook computers.
14. Networking Momentum: Shares of networker Arista Networks jumped roughly 11 percent yesterday after the networking company easily beat Q3 expectations, and forecast this quarter’s revenue higher as well. Some pundits think Arista will continue taking market share from Cisco Systems.
13. Flash: AccelStor has launched a high-availability all-flash array called the NeoSapphire H510. It targets business-critical IT segments such as data center, OLTP, media production and database applications.
12. Telco Clouds: Juniper Networks has updated its Contrail Cloud platform with new capabilities to help big telcos and service providers build highly scalable cloud environments, Silicon Angle notes.
11. Talent: Array Networks has promoted Paul Andersen to VP of Sales for North America. Andersen oversees direct and channel sales efforts throughout the region, with a focus on expanding adoption of the AVX Series Network Functions Platform.
10. Industrial IoT Services: Arkados Group has changed its name to Solbright Group. Hmmm… As a general rule rebrands and name changes don’t work. But maybe this one actually has the talent and know-how for a successful future.
9. ESOPs: If you’re part of an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), keep an eye on this new guidance for ESOP trustees.
8. M&A: Sydney-based managed services provider, CustomTec, has acquired Dimension Data’s mid-market hosted desktop service business in Australia, in its first-ever acquisition, ARN reported.
7. Distribution: Tech Data has launched a new Practice Builder methodology for partners moving into cloud, security, IoT, analytics and mobility services.
6. MSP Contract: Appnovation has won a deal to provide managed services and website support to Simon-Kucher & Partners, a marketing and strategy consulting company…
5. Managed Azure Services: 10th Magnitude will supply Microsoft Azure migration and managed services to CreditPoint Software, a SaaS credit risk and collections management software company based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. 10th Magnitude launched its managed services practice in October 2017 . These services apply the principles of DevOps and automation to services, promoting agility, flexibility and stability in an Azure environment, the company claims. Hmmm… Sounds a bit like G2 Technology Group’s DevOps managed services, which we discovered in February 2016.
4. SD-WANs: Ingenico Group, the a payment specialist, has selected Masergy’s managed SD-WAN Pro platform to support its global operations.
3. Autotask-WatchGuard Integration: WatchGuard Technologies has integrated its network security solutions with Autotask’s Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform. WatchGuard has an existing integration with ConnectWise.
2. SOC for ConnectWise: Arctic Wolf Networks has integrated its CyberSOC with ConnectWise. Related: Stay tuned for more integrations from IT Nation 2017 this week in Orlando.
1. Datto Security Vulnerabilities: Datto has issued an open letter to partners about two security vulnerabilities. The company, has received no reports of any client device or Datto Cloud backup data being compromised as a result of the vulnerabilities. Still, Datto is working to address the vulnerabilities. The company specializes in data protection and networking solutions for MSPs. A merger with Autotask is expected to be finalized later this quarter.