Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
Actually, there are 21 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
21. Partner Program: GoZone WiFi (GoZone) has hired Linksys veteran Wayne Newton as VP of channel partnerships. The company's expertise includes WiFi analytics, marketing and associated advertising skills.
20. Windstream Broadband & Bankruptcy: The company has delivered 12 consecutive months of broadband subscriber growth through February 2019. The challenge? Windstream also is navigating a Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
19. Salesforce Financial Results: Salesforce's fourth quarter revenue was $3.6 billion, up 26 percent year-over-year. Net income was $362 million, up from $206 million in the corresponding quarter last year. The results generally exceeded Wall Street's expectations. Salesforce also raised its business outlook for fiscal 2020.
18. Partnership - CSP & MSSP: Green Cloud Technologies, a cloud technology solutions provider that only sells through the channel, has partnered with Infogressive, a Top 100 MSSP. The partnership blends Infogressive’s cybersecurity intelligence with Green Cloud’s IT solutions to detect and prevent cyber threats and provide a cohesive set of security capabilities, the companies assert.
17. Partnership - Hitachi & Cisco: Hitachi Vantara, a subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd., is touting a growing partnership with Cisco to accelerate data center modernization, converged infrastructure and cloud deployments. Their combined efforts integrate Hitachi storage and Cisco compute and networking.
16. IT Monitoring: SunView Software has released LivePulse, an "easy-to-use and affordable monitoring solution for business." Ironically, SunView is located in Tampa -- not far from MSP-centric software monitoring company ConnectWise.
15. Cybersecurity - Government Research: SolarWinds has released its fifth Federal Cybersecurity Survey results and associated findings. Fifty six percent of respondents believe careless untrained insiders are a significant source of IT security threats in their agencies, while 52 percent of respondents pointed to foreign governments as primary threats.
13. Free MSSP Trial - Threat Detection: PolySwarm's threat detection marketplace is now open to enterprises and MSSPs. Both audiences are invited to try the service free.
12. MSSP Dashboard - Threat Intelligence: RANK Software, an AI-based security analytics and threat intelligence platform, has introduced multi-tenant capabilities to help MSSPs and large organizations to better manage and scale proactive cybersecurity threat hunting.
11. Anti-Phishing & Security Awareness Training: Starting early April, Webroot Security Awareness Training will allow administrators to launch global campaigns across one or all clients in a single click, the company says. The upgrade will feature Client Breach Reports, updated course content, a new phishing lure page framework and integration with the Webroot Global Site Manager console for streamlined management across multiple users, clients, and sites, the company says.
Continue to page two of two for today's items 10 to one.
Here's page two of two for today's items 10 to one.
10. New Cyber Suite: Zix Corp., which specializes in email security and recently acquired AppRiver, has launched ZixSuite, a cloud-based business communications security and compliance solution. The suite combines advanced threat protection, business email continuity, email encryption, email DLP and unified archiving, all managed from a centralized interface. The suite is designed to simplify security and regulatory compliance for SMB customers. It brings together ZixProtect, ZixEncrypt and ZixArchive.
8. Talent: BitTitan, which specializes in managed services automation, has hired Brad Rosairo as director of business development in the Asia Pacific region. He previously held key posts at Neota Logic, Corwin Press, ProQuest and Dun & Bradstreet.
7. Bot Adoption: Roughly 37 percent of service leaders are piloting or using artificial intelligence bots and virtual customer assistants, a Gartner survey says.
6. M&A - Bots and Business Automation: Nintex has acquired Robotic Process Automation (RPA) provider EnableSoft.
4. M&A - Accenture Part One: The IT consulting giant has acquired Hjaltelin Stahl, a Danish creative agency. The Copenhagen-based agency will become part of Accenture Interactive.
3. M&A - Accenture Part Two: Accenture also is acquiring Enterprise System Partners (ESP), a consulting and manufacturing services provider for the life sciences industry that is headquartered in Cork, Ireland, serving clients around the globe.
2. SMB Salary Guides: Not quite sure how much to pay your employees? These various SMB salary guides may offer some clues...
1. RSA Conference 2019 Live Blog: Track complete conference news and analysis here on MSSP Alert, our sister site. Send me your RSA Conference news ([email protected]) for consideration. Sorry, but my schedule is fully booked at the show.