Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, November 29, 2018.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
14. Data Protection: The Carbonite Data Protection Platform will soon integrate with Iron Mountain's Cloud platform, enabling businesses to safeguard and improve recoverability of their mission-critical data across IT environments in the event of data loss, disaster or cyber-attack, the companies say. The new developments are the latest steps in a growing Carbonite-Iron Mountain relationship.
13. AI Deployment: C3 Platform Version 7.8, which is designed to speed enterprise artificial intelligence deployments, is now available.
12. M&A: Neustar is acquiring TrustID, a privately held provider of inbound call authentication products and solutions. The technology can authenticate consumers for greater efficiency and lower fraud risk, Neustar says.
11. Partner Program: IntelliVision Technologies, a provider of artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning video analytics software for smart cameras, has launched a channel partner program. The company is not related to Mattel's classic video game system, dubbed Intellivision, from the 1980s.
10. Distribution - Revenues: Tech Data's net sales were $9.3 billion for Q3 fiscal 2019, up 11 percent compared to the corresponding quarter last year.
9. Google SaaS program: More than 100 companies are now involved in Google's SaaS partner program.
8. AWS Cloud Consulting Services: AHEAD has achieved Premier Consulting Partner status in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN.) That's the highest tier within the APN.
7. Partnership - MSP Cash Flow: Invarosoft and Wise-Sync are partnering to provide MSPs with a "one-stop solution to ensure customers pay on time and reduce the demands on their finance teams." With that goal in mind, Invarosoft’s flagship ITSupportPanel now integrates with the Wise-Sync payment solution, Wise-Pay. Though the integration, Invarosoft will auto-authenticate users into Wise-Pay -- allowing customers to view and pay their invoices quickly and more efficiently, saving time and making the process of managing automatic payments even easier, the two companies claim.
6. Small Business Retirement Plan?: Still not sure how to build a retirement program in your small business? Here are five suggestions...
5. Talent - MSPs & Tech Associations: NexusTek COO James Hwang has joined CompTIA’s Channel Advisory Board. Hwang has built and led MSPs through multiple organic and M&A growth stages. The most recent deals include acquiring three MSPs -- Cal Net, DCI and Syndeo.
4. Mentoring MSP Software Developers: SolarWinds MSP has launched an apprenticeship program with Edinburgh Napier University. Starting this academic year, two apprentices will divide their time between study and work to gain an Honours degree in software development, as well as hands-on experience in the development of new and existing software, working alongside professionals and earning a salary. SolarWinds MSP will take on at least two students each year, with the potential to expand in other cities and universities, the company says.
3. Private Equity Bubble?: Here are five alleged warning signs...
2. AWS re:Invent 2018 News: It’s all right here.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: Complete the survey and potentially have your MSP honored for its vertical-market momentum.