5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 16 August 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, August 16, 2018.
Actually, there are 20 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
20. Lenovo Returns to Growth: Lenovo swung to a profit and beat estimates in the first quarter on Thursday, helped by a sharp jump in revenue, Reuters notes. Profitability approved across all business groups, though the company warned that it may need to raise prices if the US-China trade war continues. Lenovo is expected to discuss additional business milestones during a New York gathering in September.
19. IBM Watson Response: After reports from The Wall Street Journal, IEEE, Stat News and others questioned IBM Watson’s track record in the healthcare market, the technology giant is firing back. In a blog post, IBM strives to set the record straight about Watson Health.
18. Industrial IoT Platforms: The Top 15 Industrial IoT platforms, care of Forrester, are listed here.
17. Partnerships – Unified Communications: Nitel and Nextiva are partnering to promote wide area network and unified communication solutions. Also, IT managed services provider LIVE Consulting and Nextiva are delivering a business cloud-based phone system to customers across Colorado.
15. Talent: F5 Networks has named Lisa Citron VP of North American Channels. Moreover, F5’s former SVP of Worldwide Partners and Cloud Sales, David Helfer, shifts to SVP of Sales for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
14. Enterprise Switching: Dell EMC has launched the Z-series 100GbE fabric switch, the Z9264F-ON. The switch doubles capacity and delivers a set of open solutions for enterprise and service provider data centers, Dell EMC asserts.
13. Vertical Markets: Microsoft Azure Stack is now available to order for Azure Government customers. Government agencies gain a hybrid cloud approach across identity, subscription, registration, billing, backup and disaster recovery solutions, and the Azure Marketplace, according to Microsoft.
12. VMware Business Continuity: Hybrid cloud infrastructure specialist Datrium has launched CloudShift, a SaaS-based DR orchestration service for VMware. The offering combines “radically simple operation, low recovery point objectives (RPO), low AWS cloud cost, and end-to-end readiness assurance,” the company asserts.
11. Integration: LogiGear‘s flagship test automation solution, TestArchitect now integrates and provides native support for Oracle E-Business Suite applications and Oracle’s JD Edwards. LogiGear is an Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Silver Level Member.