5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 09 May 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, May 9, 2019.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
9. Distribution – IoT: Tech Data has launched an Analytics and IoT Solution Factory — essentially a market place to help partners build and deploy vertical market solutions.
8. Partnership – HCI Data Protection: Customers and partners are beta testing Nutanix Mine with Veeam, which combines Nutanix in enterprise cloud computing and Veeam in Cloud Data Management.
7. M&A – Secondary Storage: Cohesity, the hyperconverged secondary storage startup, has acquired Imanis Data, a provider of enterprise backup and data management solutions for distributed databases.
6. M&A – Email Security: Zix has acquired Cirius Messaging assets and the related DeliverySlip product line. DeliverySlip providers email encryption, e-signatures and secure file sharing solutions. The $14 million deal makes AppRiver — another Zix business — even more profitable because AppRiver had been paying some third-party royalties to DeliverySlip. Zix has effectively worked with AppRiver’s partners since acquiring that business earlier this year. The company’s latest quarterly results beat Wall Street’s expectations.
5. M&A – Private Equity: Investment firms Digital Colony Partners and EQT are acquiring U.S. communications infrastructure provider Zayo Group Holdings for about $8.2 billion in cash.
3. Financial Results – Presidio: The midmarket IT solutions provider says Q3 fiscal 2019 revenue was $705.2 million, up 7.9%. Dig a little deeper and there are some great figures involving cloud and managed security services. We’ll share more details soon.
2. MSSP Sales Conferences: Collabrance is planning MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summits in July and September. The master MSP and guest speakers will show attendees how to close more sales at $200 or more per seat with security, organizers say.
1. Symantec CEO Resigns: The breaking details…