Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, June 7, 2018.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
9. Xerox-Fujifilm Wedding Canceled?: Fujifilm may consider giving up on its fight to acquire Xerox after about six months if the current impasse isn’t resolved, The Wall Street Journal reports.
8. Oracle Cloud Migrations: Oracle has unveiled Soar, an automated cloud migration offering that will "enable Oracle customers to reduce the time and cost of cloud migration by up to 30 percent," the technology giant claims. The so-called “Soar to the Cloud” solution enables customers with applications running on premises to upgrade to Oracle Cloud Applications in as little as 20 weeks, Oracle adds.
7. Hybrid Google Cloud Backup Services: Actifio has introduced enterprise backup and disaster recovery capabilities to Google Cloud Platform for both on-premise and cloud-based workloads, the company says.
6. Fallout - Atlanta Ransomware Attack: The City of Atlanta is still struggling to recover from a March 2018 ransomware attack. The cleanup costs and impact are far larger than initially reported.
5. Cyberattack Cripples College: A cyberattack has crippled a college in Wisconsin, forcing the school to cancel classes for three days this week.
4. IT Service Management: Zendesk has launched Side Conversations, a software tool that enables customer service agents to collaborate with anyone, internal or external, to resolve customer issues. Additionally, Zendesk launched Skills-based Routing and Contextual Workspaces, which automatically direct each request to the right agent and then update that agent’s view to give the most relevant information based on the nature of the request, the company claims.
3. ITSM & Office 365: ManageEngine has launched a ServiceDesk Plus add-in for IT service desk teams using Microsoft Office 365. The add-in enables technicians and end users of the ServiceDesk Plus cloud version to manage support tickets from within Outlook.
2. M&A - MSPs: TrueIT has acquired Netrix IT in Fargo, North Dakota. We'll provide more details soon.
1. Later Today: ChannelE2E is heading to the TruMethods Schnizzfest conference later today in Philadelphia. The annual gathering of MSPs typically reveals the latest business performance metrics and trends in the market.