5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 06 June 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, June 6, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
2. Microsoft Azure Managed Services: TwoConnect has launched BizTalk Support & Azure Managed Services — including a three-day proof of concept (PoC) offering and associated migration consulting service. Details are in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
3. Managed Service – End User Experience: Orange Business Service is enhancing its Visibility-as-a-Service offer to help businesses take the guesswork out of their end-to-end application performance measurement, the service provider giant asserts. The solution is based on Riverbed’s SteelCentral Aternity technology.
4. Data Protection: VMware partner iland has launched Autopilot Managed Recovery for Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). The fully managed business continuity solution, integrated with Veeam and Zerto, is designed to accelerate application recovery in the event of a data loss or significant downtime, the company says.
5. Big Data Disappoints: Cloudera announced a CEO change and weak financials today. Rival MapR has been scrambling to find a potential buyer. Bottom line: The Hadoop-oriented big data markets have been extreme disappointments — at least for investors…
C. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Storage: NetApp has launched the AFF C190 system, “a simple, smart and secure all-flash storage solution. The new entry-level solution was developed with the channel in mind, the company asserts.
3. Distribution: Arrow Electronics will leverage ON2IT’s managed cybersecurity platform to help customers procure, manage, monitor, and remediate their cyber security investments, the two companies say.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Amazon re:MARS 2019 – Artificial Intelligence Conference (June 4-7, Las Vegas)
- Cisco Live 2019 (June 9-13, San Diego, California)
- LiveWorx 2019 Digital Transformation (June 10-13, Boston, Massachusetts)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Explore 2019 (June 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- DattoCon19 (June 17-19, San Diego, California)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].