5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 05 September 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, September 5, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. SolarWinds Empower MSP: Our live coverage from the conference is here.
3. M&A – Private Equity and MSPs: CMI, backed by private equity firm BTA Limited, has acquired London-based IT specialist BTA Limited. This marks Panoramic’s first investment into Northern Ireland and twelfth investment from its second fund.
5. Private Equity – Software: TPG Capital is acquiring CollabNet VersionOne from Vector Capital. Financial terms were not disclosed.
6. Talent – Google Cloud Alliances: Google Cloud has hired former SAP executive Dave Hutchison to a senior position responsible for developing and expanding alliances with some of its largest partners around the world, CRN reported.
8. Talent: CloudJumper has hired Richard Helms as director of managed workspaces.
9. Dell Managed Services: Keep an eye on Dell ProManage services for corporate end-users… …
10. Financial Results – Dynatrace: The application performance monitoring (APM) company announced results for its first quarter of fiscal 2020. Among the key metrics:
- Total revenue was $122.6 million, up 25 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
- a net loss of $49 million, compared to a net loss of $23.5 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations. The earnings report comes at a key time for the APM and cloud monitoring software market. Dynatrace launched a successful IPO earlier this year; Rival Datadog is preparing an IPO; and New Relic recently announced revenue results that revealed some sales challenges.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Performance Analytics: Bodega Technologies will promote Accedian to customers as a platform for performance analytics and end user experience solutions.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Pure Storage Accelerate 2019 (September 15-18, Austin, Texas)
- Cisco Contact Center Summit 2019 (September 17-19, Hollywood, Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].