Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, June 25, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Amazon & Microsoft Office: Amazon WorkDocs, through a partnership with Hancom, now allows users to edit Microsoft Office documents in a browser without having to install any applications or connect with another web service...
11. Cloud Services Market Growth: The worldwide public cloud services market grew 29% in 2017, reaching a total of $117 billion, according to IDC. The top 16 CSPs now control nearly 51 percent of the market, up from 47.9% in 2016, the researcher says.
10. AWS Price Cut Trends: Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud resource costs have dropped by as much as 73% over the past four years, according to new research conducted by TSO Logic.
9. Data Centers: Meriplex, an MSP focused on SD-WAN and cloud services, has established a point of presence in Netrality Properties' Houston data center.
8. MSP Pricing Models: Mainstream Technologies has converted all managed services agreements to all-inclusive billing service contracts that vary only when the number of end-user devices or products change, the Arkansas-based MSP says.
7. M&A - Managed Print Services: Centric Business Systems has acquired Webster Integrated Technologies (WIT) of Richmond, Virginia. We'll share more details soon.
6. M&A - Private Equity & MSPs: U.S. private equity firm Third Century Investment Associates has recapitalized and acquired a stake in Decisive Technologies Inc, an Ottawa-based provider of enterprise information technology infrastructure services, and the affiliated BriteSky Technologies Inc, a provider of managed cloud services, PE Hub reports.
5. M&A - eDiscovery: Everest Technologies has acquired Philadelphia regional discovery services provider Summit Scanning Partners. We'll share more details soon.
4. M&A - SAP Partner: Dimension Data has acquired E2Y, a Lond0n-based SAP partner. We'll share more details soon.
3. M&A - IT Consulting: DWS has acquired Projects Assured, an Australia-based strategic management and IT consulting business in a total deal worth AU$43 million.
2. M&A - Network Infrastructure: Enel is acquiring Latin American fiber company Ufinet International for roughly $2.3 billion.