Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, April 16, 2018.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
7. Spin-Out: It sounds like CloudCommerce will spin out WebTegrity -- an IT consulting firm focused on managed WordPress services.
6. Oracle vs. Amazon: Oracle CEO Safra Catz discussed with President Trump the U.S. Defense Department’s cloud-computing contract, alleging that the plan DoD plan to embrace one cloud makes no sense. The DoD is largely expected to embrace Amazon Web Services, but rival cloud providers are lobbying for a multi-cloud approach...
5. Office Depot Services: Office Depot's business transformation continues. Keep a close eye on the company's website, where a range of new business and technology services for customers are launching. It's a safe bet many of Office Depot's recent marketing and IT channel hires are involved in the efforts. We'll be reaching out to Michelle Ragusa-McBain, senior director of technology sales and services, to see if we can gather more info. Office Depot acquired CompuCom for $1 billion in 2017. The companies say that deal is already paying dividends.
4. M&A: IT consulting giant Infosys has acquired WongDoody, a U.S.-based, full-service creative and consumer insights agency. The move strengthens Infosys' creative, branding and customer experience capabilities, and demonstrates its continued commitment to bringing innovative thinking, talent and creativity to clients around the world, the companies claimed.
3. M&A - IT Training: The Adecco Group, an HR solutions partner, is acquiring General Assembly, the provider of coding boot camps. The $412.5 million deal is expected to close this quarter, the companies indicated.
1. RSA Conference News: Cybersecurity companies will make dozens of announcements at RSA Conference starting today. Stay tuned to this RSA Conference Live Blog today and throughout the week for breaking news and associated updates.