Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, July 2, 2018.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. SUSE Linux Sold: Details are here.
9. Dell, VMware Ownership Model: A change could surface soon.
8. Partner Program: Unitrends, the business continuity business now owned by Kaseya, has unveiled an "enhanced and refreshed Channel and Alliance Program." The program's new channel chief is Clark Brown, with VP of marketing Jennifer Sipala heavily involved in the partner engagement effort. We're checking to see if the new alliance and partner program is separate from the Unitrends MSP push.
7. PSA Upgrade: Krow Software, a provider of professional services automation software, has delivered Krow PSA Summer 18 Release. Updated features involve Services CPQ quote to cash capabilities; project management; time and expense management; service billing; service intelligence; and multiple integrations. Krow PSA runs closely with Salesforce.com.
6. Office 365 Management: Quadrotech has released Autopilot, a SaaS-based management solution to streamline Office 365 administration and simplify tenant management, the company says.
5. Microsoft Azure Cloud Management: Catapult, a digital services firm now offers Azure Management Services to its customer base.
4. Funding - Unified Communications: Unify Square, a provider of software and cloud managed services for Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business, has raised $10 million in Series C funding led by PrimePulse SE.
3. M&A - Office 365 Management Tools: Quest Software has acquired Metalogix, a provider of migration, management and security solutions for Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
2. M&A - Audio-Visual Solutions: Cenero has acquired Avectus of Lebanon, New Jersey. The deal essentially unites two audio-visual consulting and integration companies.
1. M&A - Communication Services: West Corporation is acquiring Flowroute, a software-centric service provider that supplies communication services and technology for cloud-based products, the companies say. Financial terms were not disclosed. West has acquired six companies in the past year or so.