Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, September 27, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Today’s Morning Brew
1. Google - Cloud Cost Management: Zenoss has launched cloud cost management capabilities for Google Cloud.
2. Funding - Cloud Cost Management: Zylo has raised $22.5 million in a Series B funding led by Menlo Ventures. Salesforce Ventures, Slack Fund, Bessemer Venture Partners and other institutional backers also participated in the round.
3. Cloud Monitoring Services: Datadog has announced general availability of its integration with Alibaba Cloud. Datadog is a cloud-scale monitoring platform that recently launched a successful IPO (initial public offering). The company's key rivals, generally speaking, include Cisco AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic and Splunk, among others.
4. Talent - Cloud Networking: Cisco Systems and Cumulus Networks veteran JR Rivers has joined Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the cloud giant apparently prepares to launch a networking product...
5. Talent - Oracle Cloud Layoffs: Oracle Data Cloud laid off 10 percent to 15 percent of its staff on Monday, AdExchanger reported citing multiple sources. According to TheLayoff.com, this included employees in San Jose, California; Broomfield, Colorado; and Reston, Virginia. Chatter about the alleged cuts was compiled by SDXcentral.
6. Research - Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI): The latest HCI market share figures are here from IDC.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Talent - MSP Compliance Services: Compliancy Group has hired Paul Redding as VP of partner engagement and cybersecurity. Redding will help MSPs to further monetize opportunities in the regulatory sector, while also assisting MSPs on the journey toward business solutions.
2. Partner Program: VistaVu Solutions has joined the Dell Boomi Partner Program as a Global Select Partner.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Box BoxWorks 2019 (September 30-October 4, San Francisco)
- Cherwell Clear 2019 (September 30-October 3, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Continuum Navigate19 (October 1-2, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Kaseya Connect IT Asia-Pacific (October 2-4, Sydney, Australia)
- Synnex Inspire (October 2-4, Greenville, South Carolina)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].