Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, July 27, 2018.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
9. Momentum - Juniper Networks: Juniper’s total revenue in 2Q 18 was $1,204.1 million, meeting the high-end of the company’s guidance, the firm says. The highlights include security (up 16 percent), and enterprise (up 9 percent).
8. Momentum - Amazon Web Services: Sure, AWS revenues are growing. But perhaps the bigger story involves growing AWS margins...
7. Talent -Channel Chief: Although F5 Networks is growing, new CEO François Locoh-Donou wants to scale back some legacy businesses and double down on growth opportunities like cloud and security solutions. To drive the effort, the firm has promoted Chad Whalen to executive VP of worldwide sales — essentially naming him the company’s global channel chief.
6. Major IBM Watson Red Flags?: Internal IBM documents show that its Watson supercomputer often spit out erroneous cancer treatment advice and that company medical specialists and customers identified “multiple examples of unsafe and incorrect treatment recommendations” as IBM was promoting the product to hospitals and physicians around the world, STAT News alleges.
5. AMD Pressures Intel: Intel missed Wall Street financial targets in the latest quarter amid growing competition from AMD in the data center. Moreover, Intel delayed the release of its next-generation chips until the end of 2019. AMD, meanwhile, says data center sales and R&D are the company's top priority.
4. Atlassian, Slack vs Microsoft Teams: Atlassian and Slack are partnering up to counter Microsoft Teams. But the partnership involves Slack acquiring and then killing Atlassian's Stride and Hipchat Cloud tools...
3. M&A - Salesforce Partner: AllCloud has acquired Figur8 Cloud Solutions, a Salesforce partner in San Francisco and Toronto. We'll share more details soon.
2. M&A - IT Services: Top 20 MSP Synoptek has acquired Indusa, a key Microsoft Dynamics IT consulting partner in the midmarket.
1. ChannelCon 2018: Thank you to the lengthy list of vendors and industry experts that confirmed ChannelCon 2018 meetings us. We look forward to the discussions.