Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, August 23, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. VMworld News: VMware has acquired four companies ahead of the VMworld 2019 conference, which starts August 25 in San Francisco. The latest buyouts involve Carbon Black and Pivotal Software. ChannelE2E readers can track all VMware VMworld 2019 news here.
2. Cloud Cost Management: Densify, a cloud resource management software market, has released a Cloud Cost Intelligence product to help customers manage their cloud services spending.
3. Talent - HP CEO: Enrique Lores will succeed Dion Weisler as HP Inc.'s CEO on November 1. Weisler stepped down to attend to a family health matter, the company said. Lores is a 30-year veteran of the company.
4. Salesforce Financial Forecast: Salesforce.com forecast third-quarter and full-year revenue above Wall Street estimates on Thursday, as it benefits from acquisitions and more companies opting for its cloud-based services, sending its shares up 7% in extended trading, Reuters reports.
5. Private Equity - ERP Software for Sale: Private equity firm KKR & Co Inc. is exploring the potential sale of Epicor Software Corp., Reuters reports. Epidor, which develops enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, could be worth about $5 billion.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Digital Content: Quantum Corp.'s Alliance Partner Program has launched a deal registration program, enhanced channel enablement tools, and a refreshed channel partner portal.
2. Text Analytics: Ayfie Group has launched a Partner Program and confirmed the program's first members: Liquid Litigation Management (LLM) and Lightspeed.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].