Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, December 15, 2017.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
14. Net Neutrality Rollback -- Lawsuits: Attorneys general in Massachusetts, New York and Washington plan to sue the Federal Communications Commission after the FCC moved to undo regulations that protected net neutrality, Law360 says. The attorneys are concerned about Internet service providers favoring certain content over others and restricting the ability of consumers to obtain information without corporate interference, the report says.
13. Net Neutrality Rollback -- Potential Implications: BeyondTrust VP of Technology Morey Haber succinctly explains the end of net neutrality and what it may mean for Internet users...
12. Oracle Cloud Concerns: Oracle's stock sank after hours following news that the growth of its cloud-computing business in the current quarter would fall below expectations, The Wall Street Journal notes.. Fiscal third-quarter cloud revenue would grow 21 percent to 25 percent -- well below the 30 percent growth analysts were expecting, the report says. Oracle Chairman Larry Ellison regularly claims the company will topple Amazon in the IaaS market, but Oracle's true strength involves SaaS suites.
11. Talent - Cisco Systems: Senior VP of Operations Rebecca Jacoby plans to retire January 27 after 22 years at Cisco. Senior VP of Asia Pacific and Japan Irving Tan will take on the newly created role of senior VP of operations and digital. Also, Chris Dedicoat, executive VP of worldwide sales and field operations in June 2018 will shift to a senior advisory role to Chairman and CEO Chuck Robbins. The moves come as Robbins attempts to drive even more sales via recurring revenues and subscription models.
10. Talent - Tech Data: Anne Devine-Pride is now VP of vendor marketing, enterprise solutions, Americas. In her new role, Devine-Pride will lead the vendor marketing team supporting the advanced solutions portfolio. Previously, she was Tech Data’s director of vendor marketing, supporting IBM, NetApp and Riverbed
8. Multi-Cloud Management: BMC Remedy, an IT service management platform, is expanding to address multi-cloud environments across Amazon Web Services, Jira and Microsoft Azure. IT professionals can now broker tickets and manage all incidents both on-premises and across multiple cloud platforms from multiple vendors using the Remedy solution, BMC claims.
7. AWS Data Protection Paradox: Does the cloud drive down data protection costs? That depends on whom you ask, according to a new AWS Cloud Data Protection Survey from Druva...
6. Apple Mac Management: Microsoft and JAMF have partnered to integrate Intune with JAMF's Pro Mac management capabilities, Microsoft Corporate VP Brad Anderson says. The move comes as upstart Addigy attempts to gain critical mass as a dedicated Mac management platform.
5. RMM Momentum: Revenue for Pulseway Team grew more than 108 percent in 2017 vs. 2016, the RMM (remote monitoring and management) software company says. More than 700 new customers -- spanning MSPs and SMBs -- embraced the Pulseway Team plan. Plusway has had a busy year, introducing antivirus and NOC (network operations center) services, along with new free and pay-as-you-go pricing models. Key integrations with Webroot, Kaspersky, IT Glue and Warranty Master also surfaced this year.
3. Funding - APM: Instana, which develops an applications performance management (APM) platform, has raised $20 million in Series B funding led by Accel. Total funding now stands at $27 million. The company's software offers real-time, AI-based APM monitoring -- with a heavy emphasis on automation.
2. Funding - IT Services: Tilson Technology Management, an IT professional services and network deployment company, has raised $5 million in Series D funding. The company focuses on network deployment for cellular carriers, utilities, and governments; as well as consulting for construction IT, broadband and energy, and government institutional markets.
1. Partner Programs Database: Carvir, Colotraq, Mantix4 and Pronto Marketing each are now listed in ChannelE2E's Partner Programs Database. Roughly 150 companies are in the database. Search the free database for all of your needs -- or submit your company to potentially be listed.