Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, September 13, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
3. M&A - Identity and Access Management: HID Global, an Austin, Texas-based provider of trusted identity solutions, has acquired HydrantID, a Salt Lake City, Utah-based provider of management and automation services.
4. VC Misconduct?: The FBI is investigating a venture capital fund started by Facebook board member Peter Thiel, Vox reports. The investigation involves concerns about alleged financial misconduct...
5. Managed Database Services: AWS announced Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB) is now available. QLDB is a fully managed service that provides a "high-performance, immutable, and cryptographically verifiable ledger for applications that need a central, trusted authority to provide a permanent and complete record of transactions across industries like retail, finance, manufacturing, insurance, and human resources," AWS asserts.
6. Microsoft Surface Event: Microsoft will unveil new Surface hardware offerings and developments during an October 2 event in New York.
7. Talent - Office Equipment Management: UBEO Business Services of Austin, Texas, has made three key executive moves. The updates include:
- William “Bill” Gardner as CFO
- Chris Callaway as VP and GM of San Antonio and the surrounding marketplace; and
- Yvonne Brown as director of finance.
8. Talent - Symantec Layoffs: The latest details are here.
9. Talent - Cloud Services: Goldman Sachs has hired AWS veteran Marco Argent as co-chief information officer.
10. Customer Experience Monitoring: Nectar Services Corp. has launched Nectar Customer Experience (CX) Assurance -- which offers customer experience assurance testing and monitoring for contact center and IVR teams.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Cisco's MSP Partner Strategy: For the second time in two days, Cisco Systems is providing new clues about its growing work with MSPs...
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Pure Storage Accelerate 2019 (September 15-18, Austin, Texas)
- Cisco Contact Center Summit 2019 (September 17-19, Hollywood, Florida)
- New Relic FutureStack (September 19, New York)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].