Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, August 10, 2018.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. Serverless Computing: Amazon Web Services has launched Aurora Serverless. The offering automatically starts, scales, and shuts down database capacity with per-second billing for applications with less predictable usage patterns.
9. Talent Grab: JPMorgan Chase has revamped its entry-level program for technologists to attract more young software engineers amid a battle for top talent between Wall Street and Silicon Valley, Reuters reports.
8. Talent: Techadox, which offers Coordinated Labor-as-a-Service Platforms for public and private sector information technology organizations, has hired Susan Krautbauer as senior VP of sales and marketing.
7. Business Continuity: StorageCraft DRaaS for MSPs now includes cloud pooling, one-click orchestrated recovery, and 30dDay free virtualized infrastructure replication, the company says.
6. IT Services Momentum: ConvergeOne, a global IT services provider, says Q2 2018 revenues were $391.0 million. The figure beat Wall Street's expectations by nearly $23 million, according to SeekingAlpha.
5. M&A - Managed Cloud Services: Cox Business, the commercial division of Cox Communications, has acquired RapidScale, a provider of managed cloud services. We'll share more details soon.
4. Vertical Market MSP: Quest International, a global managed service provider, has rolled out specialized IT Managed Services for the healthcare industry. Related: Check out the Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs here.
2. Have MSPs Jumped the Shark?: TruMethods CEO Gary Pica says it's time to leave the MSP model behind. Personally, I think the model is healthy. I think the larger issue for most MSPs is services mix, business and market focus. I'll potentially share more thoughts soon...
1. Top 100 MSSPs Survey: Our Top 100 MSSPs 2018 survey closes today (Friday, August 10). Participate now and your company could be ranked when MSSP Alert unveils results during a September 2018 webcast. Sorry, the survey deadline is firm. Thanks to those who already completed the survey.