Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, May 3, 2019.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
13. ConnectWise Outage Repair: ConnectWise's EU Cloud Services are coming back online after suffering an outage earlier today. Temporary access has been restored to partners, and additional services are being restored by the support teams, the company says. Partners can check for updates at any time here, https://bit.ly/2WlXciL. Any concerns or questions can be directed to [email protected] or +1 (800) 671-6898."
12. HP Printer Lawsuit: A $900 HP printer. A $1,200 warranty. And a $100,000 lawsuit. Here are the details so far.
11. Partnership - Smart City Accelerator: US Ignite, a nonprofit smart city organization, has partnered with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and business education group Kauffman FastTrac to launch its Smart City Startup Accelerator program.
10. Carbonite Financial Results: The company's Q1 2019 results included:
- Revenue of $81.2 million, up 27 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
- Net income of $2 million, down from $11.9 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
The results generally beat Wall Street's expectations.
9. Zix Financial Results: The email security company's Q1 2019 results included:
- Revenue of $29.3 million, up 76 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
- A GAAP net loss of $8.7 million, compared to a $1.9 million net income profit in the corresponding quarter last year.
The results generally beat Wall Street's expectations. Much of the growth involved Zix's recent purchase of AppRiver.
8. Microsoft BlockChain Services: Microsoft has introduced Azure Blockchain Service, which is similar to an offering Amazon Web Services launched a few days ago...
7. SD-WAN Management: Cybera has announced CyberaVUE, a cloud-based management solution for remote site networks. The offering, designed for SD-WANs, has three components:
- CyberaVUE Insights Dashboard - real-time health and network status visibility
- CyberaVUE Configuration Controller - controlled environment for routine changes
- CyberaVUE Diagnostic Toolset - monitors and identifies the root cause of local issues
6. Talent - AWS MSP: Onica, an MSP focused on Amazon Web Services, has hired Slalom Consulting veteran David MacKay as VP of customer strategy for Canada.
4. Funding - ITSM and More: UiPath, which promotes software robots that automate business, has raised $568 million in Series D funding. Use cases include ITSM automation. In 24 months, UiPath revenue has grown from $8 million to over $200 million, and valuation from $110 million to $7 billion, the company says.
3. Kaseya Backup Strategy?: Unitrends, owned by Kaseya, has unveiled a direct to cloud backup service aptly named Unitrends Cloud Backup (UCB). We're checking to see if or how UCB's launch impact's the existing Kaseya Cloud Backup platform -- which leverages Acronis code.
1. Join Us - My Most Profitable Managed Service: We’ll cover that exact topic during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now to join us.