5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 01 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, March 1, 2019.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
13. Talent – FireMon: The company has hired Trend Micro, HPE and Symantec veteran Don Closser as chief product officer.
12. Talent: Bridgeline Digital, a provider in cloud-based Web Content Management, eCommerce and Marketing Automation software, has shifted Tom McGourty to EVP of partnerships and strategic alliances. He previously was EVP of business development.
11. Performance Testing Software: xOps, a provider in DevOps consulting and IT services, has launched xSUM — an open source Synthetic User Monitoring tool. xSUM, available for free, allows website and application owners, developers and managers to test performance by automatically measuring web page response times and user experience, xOps says.
10. Partner Program – Legal Vertical: WindTalker has announced a partner program to formalize relationships with legal technologists.
9. Partner Program – Micro Focus: The company has launched a unified global partner program and new partner portal.
8. Partner Program: CaaB – short for Cloud as a Business – has launched a white-labeled, public-cloud infrastructure service worldwide, offering technology resellers, hosting companies, and managed service providers (MSP) access to 13 data centers across four continents – North America, Asia, Europe, and Africa/Middle East, the company says.
7. Microsoft Azure Data Protection: Veritas Backup Exec has earned certification for Microsoft Azure and Windows Server 2019.
6. Talent – Data Protection: Zerto has hired former VMware and Cisco channel executive Jim Ortbals as VP of worldwide channel and cloud sales. He will unify Zerto’s channel and cloud teams under the same leadership, creating a single, converged partner strategy, Zerto says.
5. Nutanix Stumbles: The hyperconvered infrastructure (HCI) software provider reveals several business challenges — which mostly involve sales strategy, marketing and execution.
4. VMware Prefers AWS: Sorry, Azure.
3. Zix-AppRiver MSP Partner Strategy: Updated details are here.
2. ConnectWise Company Sale Is Now Official: Thoma Bravo has completed the ConnectWise buyout.
1. RSA Conference News: MSSP Alert, our sister site, is blogging live from RSA Conference 2019. Send me your RSA Conference news (Joe@AfterNines.com) for consideration. Sorry, but my schedule is fully booked at the show.