5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: 22 July 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, July 22, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
2. WebEx for MSPs: Cisco has launched a new Webex Wholesale Route-to-Market (RTM) for Service Provider partners in the SMB sector. The new sales model “includes a single commercial agreement with each partner and a self-service platform for Service Providers to deliver managed services for Webex, as well as the agility, scalability and flexibility to create their own co-branded offers,” Cisco said.
3. ConnectWise Partners of the Year: ConnectWise will announced the WISE Awards — essentially, the company’s partners of the years — during the IT Nation Connect 2022 conference for MSPs, which is scheduled for November 9-11 in Orlando, Florida.
4. Private Equity and Business Automation: Summit Partners, which backs MSP software provider NinjaOne and MDR provider Red Canary, has invested $41.4 million in TextExpander — a business automation software provider.
5. PC Sales Slowdown – Hard Drives: Seagate Technology, the biggest maker of computer hard drives, gave a weak forecast for the current period citing “weakening global economic conditions,” sending the stock down more than 10%, Bloomberg noted.
6. Venture Capital Slowdown: SoftBank, the lead venture capital investor behind Pax8, halved its deal flow from April to June 2022 after the existing Vision Fund took heavy losses, Bloomberg reported.
B. In-Person Channel Partner Summits & MSP Conferences
- AWS re:Inforce 2022 Cybersecurity Conference (July 26-27)
- Build IT Live 2022 (July 27-29)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 2-4, Chicago, Illinois)
- VMware Explore 2022 (formerly VMworld, August 29-September 1, San Francisco)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live 2022 (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.