Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, February 6, 2023. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
- 2023 PitchIT Accelerator Program ConnectWise is inviting companies to compete in the 2023 PitchIT Accelerator Program. The competition will determine the next product or offering integrated into the ConnectWise platform. From the pool of contestants, ConnectWise will choose three finalists to present their solutions on center stage at IT Nation Connect 2023 on November 8 – 10, 2023 in Orlando, Florida, and have the opportunity to win a $70,000 grant to help propel their business, the company said.
- The 20 MSP’s Latest Acquisition: The 20 MSP has announced its second acquisition in the last week. The company acquired Oklahoma-based managed service provider Integrated Business Technologies, for an undisclosed amount. The company previously acquired Dallas Network Services and says it has more acquisitions lined up in the coming months.
- Cloud-Based Education Services Acquisitions: Sign In Solutions, a global provider of cloud-based visitor management and risk mitigation software, has completed its fifth and sixth acquisitions. All of the company’s deals were completed within the last 18 months. The company acquired cloud-based education compliance, scheduling and appointment management companies SCR Tracker and 10to8, which are both based in the United Kingdom. Financial terms were not disclosed. Sign In Solutions is backed by private equity firm PSG.
- Magna5 Acquisition: Managed IT, cybersecurity and cloud-based services provider Magna5 has acquired the US Assets of Apogee IT Services, a managed IT and cybersecurity services provider. Financial terms were not released. The deal bolsters Magna5’s presence in the Pittsburgh and Boston markets.
- DevOps Investment: Global alternative investment firm Investcorp is making a “significant” investment to become a majority shareholder in Eficode, a global provider of DevOps consulting and managed services. Investcorp will partner with the company’s founder, Risto Virkkala, and its CEO, Ilari Nurmi, to support Eficode through its next phase of ambitious growth and international expansion, the firm said. Virkkala, Nurmi, and the rest of the Eficode management team will continue to be significant shareholders in the Company alongside Investcorp, the firm announced.