Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
Actually, there are nine updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
9. Veeam Partner Strategy: Stay tuned for continued partner strategy updates from the VeeamOn 2017 in New Orleans. The big theme: Always-On Availability. We're set to meet multiple Veeam leaders throughout the day...
8. Internet of Things: Avnet has unveiled Internet of Things (IoT) alliances and developments at the IoT World conference. The partner lineup caught our attention and we'll share more details later today...
7. Business Continuity: BackupAssist Version 10 has arrived, and it allows customers and Windows Server partners to select their preferred public cloud infrastructure for the storage of their backup data, the company says.
6. Hosted Desktops: VMware Horizon hosted desktop technology is now available for Microsoft Azure. It begs the question: Can independent WaaS (Workspace as a Service) companies continue to differentiate as Amazon, Microsoft, VMware and other giants continue to build out their WaaS offerings on public clouds?
5. SAP Goes Multi-Cloud: Although SAP has its own cloud services, the company continues to work more closely with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. I believe a strong relationship with Dell EMC's Virtustream also remains in place.
4. Talent - IBM: Rhody Burton has resigned from her role as director of global business partners at IBM, according to ARN. The media was not aware of a potential replacement.
3. Government Cybersecurity: Fortinet has launched a federal subsidiary to help government agencies safeguard their assets. We'll share more details on May 23. (Hmmm...)
2. DocuSign Breach: A breach at DocuSign triggered a targeted email malware campaign. We'll share more details on May 23. (Ahem...)