Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, October 4, 2017.
Actually, there are 13 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
12. Free Oracle Migrations?: OneNeck IT Solutions, as part of a larger service offering, has introduced a free Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) migration and upgrade. But what do you have to buy as part of that free offer? Hmmm...
11. Talent: BitTitan has hired David Geevaratne as director of sales, Americas. He previously was co-founder, president, and chief sales officer at New Signature. BitTitan's flagship platform is MSPComplete, which helps channel partners to transform into MSPs.
10. Cloud Distribution: Tech Data Corporation has added Veeam Cloud Connect for the Enterprise deployed on Microsoft Azure to the StreamOne Cloud Marketplace. The offering is available in the U.S. and Europe.
9. GDPR: Kaseya has launched a GDPR Resource Center and Compliance Pack to help MSPs and midmarket customers tackle the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Most cloud platforms, by the way, are not ready for GDPR, which goes into effect May 25, 2018.
8. Office 365 Billing Management: Kaseya has expanded its Unigma cloud management platform to help MSPs address Microsoft Office 365 billing and security opportunities. Rivals Autotask, ConnectWise and SolarWinds MSP also offer Office 365 cloud billing management tools.
7. Shiny Stuff: Need a break from business tech talk? Check out the latest HP Inc. consumer PC launches -- including the next generation HP Spectre 13 and HP Spectre x360 13 laptops.
6. IoT Security: Neustar and NetFoundry have integrated Neustar Trusted Device Identity (TDI) solution and NetFoundry’s Application Specific Networking (ASN) platform. I gotta concede: I didn't know WTF the TDI and ASN acronyms stood for prior to today.
5. Funding: OpsRamp, which provides a SaaS-based IT management platform, has raised $20 million in new funding.
3. MSP Program: WiFi provider Mojo Networks has launched its MSP program. The company has also launched a Mojo MSP Dashboard to help partners manage customers' WiFi networks.
2. Did They Pay Too Much?: Office Depot's buyout of CompuCom, announced yesterday, had this lofty valuation... Hmmm...
1. How to Build a $3 Million to $5 Million MSP In Three Years or Less: Register now for our Nov. 2 webcast to get that growth game plan.