Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, April 29, 2019.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
7. Conference - DockerCon 2019: The software container conference starts today in San Francisco. We're listening closely for updates.
6. Conference - Dell Technologies World: The conference kicks off today in Las Vegas. Stay tuned for partner updates.
5. MSPs - Office 366 and Autotask PSA: Goolash has upgraded its Automaker service to automate MSP billing processes between Datto's Autotask PSA and Microsoft CSP. Specifically, the service creates contracts in a user’s instance of Autotask PSA for every Office 365 license an MSP sells, Goolash says. The company already offers a similar capability for Google G Suite. Other integrations such as Azure billing and Google Cloud are next on their roadmap, the company says.
4. Cisco WiFi 6 and 5G: The big one-two punch surfaced today...
3. M&A - Mitel Buying Avaya?: The rumors suggest a $2 billion deal is coming...
2. Venture Capital - Healthcare IT: Jonathan Goldstein has launched Narrow Gauge Ventures, a venture capital firm focused on early stage health care IT companies.
1. ESOP - Systems Integrator: Infoverity, a systems integrator and global professional services firm, has shifted to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Founder and owner Matt Wienke will sell and transfer stock to a qualified retirement trust that will annually distribute the stock to each eligible employee, the company says.